iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » I am going to see TOTO!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am going to see TOTO!
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yippee! I just bought my tickets. I am in the 3rd row! My son loves the song "Hold the Line", so he's excited too.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Larusso
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4417

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mrs Larusso   Email Mrs Larusso   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love 'Hold the Line' too!! Thats wonderful ISIS! and third row too! Have fun!

Foreigner are playing near where I live soon. I may go if I have the cash..

Posts: 82 | From: England | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Foreigner too, I would definately go see them. I am glad the really good bands still are touring.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw Tot and Foreigner a couple years ago. Have you seen Toto yet??? When I saw them 2 years ago they were working on a new album and they played a few songs from it. It seemed to me like they were trying to go grunge or punk or something like that?!? All I know is it sounded nothing like the hits they had in the 80's!

But Foriegner was excellent and Toto's known songs were well done! =)

Just saw the Guess Who and Blood Sweat and Tears last friday!!! They were WONDERFUL!!!

My next concert to attend will be Pat Benetar baby!!!

Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we have a festival called Harborfest, it's on the lake. This year .38 special and the Smithereens are among the many acts performing. The tickets are like 5 or 6 bucks and all the acts are free. I saw Joan Jett there a few years back, Loverboy and Flock Of Seagulls. It's so cheap and it's a good time. It's great because they always have a few 80s acts every year.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Loverboy at Speed Streets Week a few years back which is a week long celebration before NASCAR's Coca-Cola 600 in May in NC. I didn't get to go this year but I know Twisted Sister were gonna be there........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I didn't know Loverboy was still touring, gosh I would love to see them, and Pat Benatar and 38 Special and Foreigner and Flock of Seagulls-those are all awesome groups.

I am going June 30th to see TOTO. I am really excited.

Here's where I'll be:

www.7springs.com

I love it there, I can't wait to go, it is up on a mountain, it is gorgeous.

A friend of mine from high school is going to meet us there during the day to hang out, so the whole thing should be a blast.

JCU
Master Rewinder
Member # 2851

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JCU   Email JCU   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me, nothing brings back the memories of the 80's better than "Africa" from Toto. As I think about it, "Cruel Summer" is a close second.
Posts: 115 | From: Northeastern PA | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the next concert i am going to see is ozzfest july 18th i lucked out and got front row tickets
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Well....Toto is coming up now fast...it's this Friday night. I gotta get me a TOTO t-shirt. I love concert t-shirts. I never had any in the 80's, so I am making up for all the ones I wished I had back then.

I can't wait to see them. I hope the weather is nice.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mom went and saw Pat Benetar a couple of days back. She said it was a good show. My next show is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers with Trey Anastasio. I'm really ready for Ozzfest though but bummed that Ozzy won't be playing at the North Carolina date.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I am leaving in 4 hours to go see TOTO. My bags are packed ...I am ready to go.....

I'll be "Holding the Line" tonight around 8pm.

I hope you all have a great weekend.

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I made it back in one piece. I loved it. I liked the first 2 new songs they sang...but couldn't say actually what they were singing about, I just like the music. My husband and son weren't too thrilled, because they kind of remixed some of the songs, and they like a song to sound exactly the way they recorded it. I think there were people there at the concert that were stuck in a bigger time warp than me.
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad you enjoyed your concert, Isis. I was never a big Toto fan, but I loved "I'll Be Over You."
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Toto!! Cool!!! If they come to LA o San Diego I will go and see them.

A Flock of Seagulls will be playing Tijuana on July 7th and San Diego en the 29th and on October 31st they will be at the Greek Theater (TGT) in LA with DEVO.

The GO-GOs on TGT in LA on July 14th on october 20th Johnny Vatos Tribute to Halloween featuring members of Oingo Boingo plus special guest Dramarama on the same place.

http://www.greektheatrela.com/calendar/schedule.asp

Berlin on Aug 4th in the HOB in Hollywood.

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joker
Master Rewinder
Member # 3840

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for joker   Email joker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont know how you could call this a flock of segals as thair is only one orignal member left and all the orignal members of the band hate each others guts
Posts: 307 | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AUSTIN POWERS: The 70s and the 80s? You're not missing anything, baby, I checked. There's a gas shortage and A Flock of Seagulls. That's about it.

Well, times do change, for better or worse, even if Austin doesn't. It seems bands seem to form these days for the explicit purpose of violent shattering, never to come back together again even with the help of all the king's horses and all the king's men.

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home