iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » 2 Live Crew

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2 Live Crew
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody heard of these guys? I saw them on a Court TV special a couple of times.
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Anyone who is old enough to know "me so horny", knows who they are.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Devo!!
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, haha indeed... [Smile]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes, they were rude and crude. "Me So Horny" was their big hit. Supposedly they ahd groupies giving them oral on stage and stuff. They werent allowed to perform (ha ha) in certain states because there are certain laws about what you can and cant do on a stage.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Me So Horny" was tame compared to some of the other gems on their album "As Nasty As They Wanna Be." It's sad to admit that I know that record inside and out. My guy friends used to play it constantly when it came out...yikes!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, I do remember the 2 Live Crew. My parents absolutely forbade me to listen to it, but I used to sneak and listen to "Me So Horny." Didn't they have another song, "Banned in the USA," that had the same sound as "Born in the USA?"
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Yes, they did.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought these clowns tried to mask the sensationalism with their lack of hip hop skills. They couldn't hold a candle to Public Enemy and Boogie Down productions.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As someone said earlier, "Me So Horny" was tame compared to some of the other stuff they did. I listened to it simply because my mom and dad forbade me to..........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I hate to sound like an old lady...but I always thought they used shock tactics to cover up a lack of "talent". I'm sure they had their fans, but I only remember Me So Horny and that is more like a "novelty song" than anything else. It's like we have patys where we play all our favorite songs and as a goof we'll slip stuff like Me So Horny and SIR MIX-A-LOT's Baby Got Back in there. Everyone sort of groans, has a good laugh, and depending on how drunk they are, people get up and do some crazy dance to it.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess the way I look at it, and just like mama, I am not trying to sound like an old man, but I really look at them as the ones that started the whole censorship thing. If I recall, it was their CD that got Tipper Gore to start that issue with Congress. Hence their rebuttal with 'Banned in The USA'. She has no clue how many millions of dollars he made from that !
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I dont know about that...cuz when I was in highschool the whoel Tipper Gore thing went down against people like TWISTED SISTER, WASP and KISS....bands like that. (They also wnt after people like PRINCE and MADONNAlesser extent) so i think that it might have started with Heavy Metal. 2 LIVE CREW just pushed the envelope on how far a "band" thought it should be able to go with freedom of speech.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It did start with heavy metal because I remember seeing Dee Snider read a speech to Congress where Tipper Gore was in attendance. I had saw it before but on the VH1 "Heavy the Story of Metal" series it showed Dee presenting the speech.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not a huge fan, but I remember them mainly because they started out as Luke Skywalker & The 2 Live Crew. As a huge Star Wars fan, I was kind of shocked they could use that name. Especially after listening to the songs they were playing at the dance clubs. [Eek!]
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dorothy
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4879

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Dorothy   Author's Homepage   Email Dorothy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea My mother when i was 15 yrs old bought me their tape and down at the Wall asked mom if she knew what she was buying her teenager and mom said indeed i do.. But go fig. i bought Eddie Murphys RAW and my parents took it away from me.. yea you should hear the language with in the music... Pretty RAW now that i am a parent.. Granted i let my 5 yr old watch The Breakfast Club but thank god it is Televison edid...
Posts: 82 | From: Easton Pa | Registered: Jul 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home