iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Def Leppard

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Def Leppard
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did anyone catch them last night on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno? They did a cover song, I think it's a T-Rex song. They sounded really good, but if you ask me, I think they juiced up Joe Elliot's vocals, plus they had some good back-up singers. They didn't sound that good 3 years ago when I saw them. I liked Phil Collen's guitar- kinda silvery-snakeskin. Sorry to all the guitar-heads- I don't know how else to describe it. My husband liked Vivian Campbell's guitar. They were both great.
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chucky
Rewinder
Member # 4575

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chucky   Email Chucky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Def Leppard are great, their new album is just cover songs. Its groups who inspired them [Big Grin]
Posts: 36 | From: Swindon, UK | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imawalkingcorpse
Master Rewinder
Member # 1675

1 Update

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for imawalkingcorpse     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The good thing about the covers is they're not all popular singles, they are good album songs.
Posts: 160 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are they coming out with something new???? I really loved them and their Vault CD is so awesome!
Posts: 5280 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LONNIE
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3934

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for LONNIE   Email LONNIE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they in cincy in july
Posts: 91 | From: ohio | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Watch your favorite 80s movies for FREE and you'll be supporting this site! There's no catch! Please just click and sign up.
Amazon want you to try their service for 30 days and will donate to us every time someone does. Thank you for supporting us!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home