iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Joy Division singer's 26th anniversary of passing.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Joy Division singer's 26th anniversary of passing.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kind of sad to think that JD singer took his won life twenty six years ago today. RIP Ian Curtis.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Louden Swain
Master Rewinder
Member # 3671

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Louden Swain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it is. Supposedly New Order (which is of course Joy Division minus Ian Curtis) will be touring doing Joy Division songs this summer also his wife wrote a book about Ian that is being made into a movie this year.
Posts: 245 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

See the movie "24 hour party people" a lot of it is devoted to Joy Division.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even though there are three member alive of JD, and they do some decent covers of JD songs in New Order, it's kind of laughable trying to call themselves Joy Division again. JD died with Ian Curtis, now one could replace him. I think they are doing new songs for the upcoming movie about Ian Curtis's life. I saw 24 Hour Party People and like it, but wish they hadn't devoted so much time to the Happy Mondays, I mean Manchester's greatest bands were the Smiths and Stone Roses and hard;y much was said about them but a few cameos.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit The Sequel
Master Rewinder
Member # 4506

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit The Sequel   Email Canyoudigit The Sequel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think The Happy Mondays were on a different level to The Stone Roses TBH, The Roses are one of the most over-rated bands in the history of over-rated bands. The Smiths are the greatest band to come out of Manchester along with The Buzz****s, that I'd agree with.

Just put on The Mondays Kinky Afro 12" and all will become clear " son I am 30, I only went with your mother cos she's dirty"

Mad fer it r kidder!

Posts: 109 | From: Bopping my way back to Coney! | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit The Sequel
Master Rewinder
Member # 4506

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit The Sequel   Email Canyoudigit The Sequel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh and RIP Ian, genius he was!
Posts: 109 | From: Bopping my way back to Coney! | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home