iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » richard marx god i love him :)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: richard marx god i love him :)
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys i was wondering who else loves richard marx i have his greatest hits cd and its an awesome one i just love him and back in the 80s he was a total hottie [Wink] he could write one heck of a song
some of my favs are
hold on to the nights
this heart
angelia
endless summer nights

Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a big Richard Marx fan, even though that's not something I tell a lot of people. Richard Marx's style of music isn't exactly like what I listen to now. However, he did have really great songs. I guess my favorite was "Endless Summer Nights."
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marty McFly
Master Rewinder
Member # 4403

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty McFly   Email Marty McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I like his stuff too - my favorite is probably "Endless Summer Nights", one of those medium tempo ballads. I also used to watch VH1 as a kid, so I got pretty familar with him that way too.

In the first half of the '90s, this was probably my favorite kind of "new" music, although I wouldn't have admitted it at the time. I don't think there were too many 12 year olds in 1994, especially guys, who were into these types of songs, LOL.

Posts: 136 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In times when guys yell out their songs at fever pitch, it's refreshing to have someone like Marx to give us softer tunes--energenic but not frentic. My top 3 of his would have to be in descending order "Take This Heart," "Endless Summer Nights," and "Children of the Night." Here's to hoping more productivity from him in the future.

And while we're on topic, does anyone know for sure what the last line on the refrain of "Hazard" is? To my naked ear it sound like he says, "I need to make it to the river/and weed and sow the grass cut down," which even if you're looking for a persumably dead body, as the lyrics seem to imply he is, doesn't make the most possible sense. Can anyone straighten me out with this?

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
I was a big Richard Marx fan, even though that's not something I tell a lot of people"

[Big Grin] I know the feeling, 'Repeat Offender' great album. Marx rules.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's so funny that this topic came up just now, because a couple of days ago I dug up my old "Richard Marx" album and have been listening to it in my car - gotta love Endless Summer Nights! I also like Right Here Waiting.
Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Should've Known Better" and "Endless Summer Nights" are favorites of mine! I loved those songs. They were always on the radio. Makes me think of long hot summer days and nights! I can't believe he's married to Penny from Dirty Dancing...and for all these years! Good for them!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris the CandyFanMan:
In times when guys yell out their songs at fever pitch, it's refreshing to have someone like Marx to give us softer tunes--energenic but not frentic. My top 3 of his would have to be in descending order "Take This Heart," "Endless Summer Nights," and "Children of the Night." Here's to hoping more productivity from him in the future.

And while we're on topic, does anyone know for sure what the last line on the refrain of "Hazard" is? To my naked ear it sound like he says, "I need to make it to the river/and weed and sow the grass cut down," which even if you're looking for a persumably dead body, as the lyrics seem to imply he is, doesn't make the most possible sense. Can anyone straighten me out with this?

I think it's "And leave this old Nebraska town" from memory. I've got the sheet music somewhere with the lyrics but I don't have time to look for it right now.

My fave Marx song is "Satisfied". Talk about power chords! I also love "Hazard" and "At the beginning", a duet he did with Donna Lewis for some Disney movie.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is a very talented singer and songwriter, and I really did love his hair back in the 80's- so smooth and thick. Does anyone know of any artists other than Vixen that he wrote hit songs for? I'm just curious.
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris the CandyFanMan:

I think it's "And leave this old Nebraska town" from memory. I've got the sheet music somewhere with the lyrics but I don't have time to look for it right now.

My fave Marx song is "Satisfied". Talk about power chords! I also love "Hazard" and "At the beginning", a duet he did with Donna Lewis for some Disney movie.

That song's from Anastasia.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home