iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » What are You Listening To II: (Subtitled: Best Damn Sequel Ever) (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: What are You Listening To II: (Subtitled: Best Damn Sequel Ever)
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last few albums I listened to:

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime
Evergrey - The Inner Circle
Metal Church - Hanging In The Balance
Skyclad - Vintage Whine
Diamond Head - Lightning To The Nations
Sanctuary - Refuse Denied
Rush - Moving Pictures and Hemispheres

Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Queensryche
Metal Church
Rush

All good stuff there Brode.

Geoff Tate has the best voice in metal in my opinion. I also always liked original Metal Church singer David Wayne quite a bit too.

Hey Noms check it out we got another metal head. Our numbers are growing.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tate is probably my favorite singer of all time, as well. I actually prefer Howe to Wayne, Wayne had that delicious falsetto rasp, but Howe had those great mid-range vocals. Not to mention the songs kept getting better as time went on.

Glad to increase the proliferation of metal, or something Manowar would say.

Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see another metal freak on here. I agree with you both to some degree. Tate was an awesome fromtman and his vocal range was beyond compare. I also prefer Howe to Wayne.

Another metal frontman that I believe deserves a mention would be Michael Kiske of Helloween. Now he could sing!

Currently listening to

"Nymphetamine" - Cradle of Filth (5.01)

Have tickets for Cradle on 13th April and my daughter cannot wait!

Also looking forward to Hatebreed / Caliban in March which will be my son's first gig so he is very excited.

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey - namechecks for Queensryche and Metal Church! Result!!

"Operation Mindcrime" is one of my favourite albums of all time, and as for Metal Church - the intro to "Ton Of Bricks" rips my head off every time I hear it. Good choices guys..... [Cool]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am listening to Heart

What About Love
Dog and Butterfly
Nothin at All- (I love it)
Stranded

and
Will You Be There (In the Morning)...can anyone find the words to this song...I like it alot- thanks... [Big Grin]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Kinks - Picture Book.
Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over The Wall - Testament (4.06)

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a Crow Left Of The Murder-INCUBUS
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While Hothouse Flowers is currently on, I'm going to switch over to Social Distortion momentarily.

~Thing of beauty

Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On my 80's radio today

"Come back and stay" Paul Young
"E=MC2" BAD
"Don't talk to me about love" Altered Images
"I drove all night" Cyndi Lauper
"I owe you nothing" Bros
"Call me" Spagna
"Dignity" Deacon Blue
"European Female" The Stanglers

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
listening to the Bismarck Bobcat hockey game on the net and just going to start watching Metal Mania on VH1 Classic.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's too Late-Aldo Nova ...actually I am listening to my whole Aldo Nova CD, that is just the song playing at the moment- [Big Grin]
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massiveretaliation
Master Rewinder
Member # 950

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for massiveretaliation     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Canyoudigit.:
Circle Jerks - Wasted.

I'm alone on the Rewind. [Frown]

No you're not! [Wink] Septic Death, TSOL, Negative Approach...
Posts: 168 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
listening to a compilation cd, EMO IS AWESOME/EMO IS EVIL VOL. 2.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maurer97
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3794

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for maurer97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Blessed Hellride by Black Label Society...again :-)

isis -- I was wondering where my Aldo Nova tapes went, it was my final fantasy to find it :-)

Posts: 82 | From: jail | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Yes...Final is the key word, isn't it???

Your absolutely right though...I did steal your Aldo Nova tapes...I should have left you keep it, I see your taste in music took a turn for the worse after that.... [Karate Kid]

maurer97
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3794

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for maurer97     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I listen to all kinds of music, just depends on my mood. The heavy metal stuff tends to calm me down so I listen to it alot when I get home from work or when I want to take a nap. Sounds crazy but it works. I have to admit that I do listen to alot of heavy metal. The older son just bought his first Sabbath tape :-) It's funny though because he claims he hates Ozzie....I had to burst his bubble :-)
Posts: 82 | From: jail | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Oh no....your going to have Nomisdrol jumping all over this one....I get on him all the time, about the heavy metal death music ....and here you are grooving right along with it.

Yes, I can see in your line of work, how all that would calm you down- NOT!!!

Me and you are going to have to have a serious talk.... buddy.

[Eek!]

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

"Tattooed Love Boys"--The Pretenders (2:59 of pure punk goodness)
"Cherry Orchards"--Celtic Frost
"Falling In and Out of Love"--Femme Fatale(Lorraine Lewis...yummy)

Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

Currently listening to the following albums..

"The Rise of Brutality" - Hatebreed
"The Opposite From Within" - Caliban

Getting myself ready for when I take my son to see them both in March.

Noms [Cool]

ps. Isis, there is a distinct differnce between Heavy metal and Death Metal. Just thought you should know.

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
duran duran - ordinary world

what a lovely song, one of their best.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
I've been listening to ALOT of Fates Warning, especially their last two albums.
J.t.
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 3837

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for J.t.   Email J.t.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i come from a land down under(Men at work)....and of course anything from Tom Petty
Posts: 11 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J.t.:
i come from a land down under(Men at work)

NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate this song - it shows us everything that was great about 80s music by saying everything that was bad....

Anyway - current playlist includes:

Siouxsie & The Banshees - Happy House
The Damned - Eloise
Fields Of The Nephilim - Moonchild
Iggy Pop - Real Wild Child
Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus
Bow Wow Wow - Go Wild In The Country
The Teardrop Explodes - Reward
The Alarm - 68 Guns
The House Of Love - Shine On
Talking Heads - Road To Nowhere

Paul
Welcoming You All To WallyWorld

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home