iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Anybody heard the new Morrisey song?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody heard the new Morrisey song?
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's called "You Have Killed Me," and I'm loving it! I don't know too much of Morrisey's work, other than some of his songs with The Smiths.

I just so happened to see his new video on Vh-1 Classics and was instantly drawn in. It has this retro look to it and I honestly didn't know until the end if I was watching one of his old videos or something new. Additionally, his voice is just very easy to listen to. What do you guys think?

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just heard the new song via satellite radio and loved it. There's something about his voice that's really soothing. I really wished they would do a Smiths reunion, but I understand why they won't...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You said it Motley, Morrisey's voice is extremely soothing. It goes down so easy. Did something happen between he and The Smiths? Did the group break up on bad terms? I don't know much about him or them...
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Member # 679

Member Rated:
Oh yeah, I love the title of the album...Ringleader of the Tormentors! That's awesome!
Louden Swain
Master Rewinder
Member # 3671

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Louden Swain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got the CD through Amazon....Very Good!

It came with a DVD of the video...

Posts: 245 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's a link to the story that was on Yahoo about a month ago cindy. In it, Morrissey says that Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr wanted to end the band when it ended. This is a different link than the story I read on Yahoo although it's basically the same story...

http://www.mp3.com/features/stories/3708.html

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home