iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Don Johnson's HEARTBEAT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Don Johnson's HEARTBEAT
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, I watched the video on VH1 classics and it looks like an episode of Miami Vice without Tubbs. He really can't sing all that well but we've all seen worst singers and songs make it bigger than this. It cracks me up everytime I see Mr. Tough Guy Don Johnson singing this song and using hand motions in the video.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes, it's so bad that it's good! It's up there with Roadhouse- you just can't look away.
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually have the entire video. There was a direct-to-video movie made to go along with the album...It's been a while since I've watched it, but if I recall, the plot has Johnson as a war photographer thinking about his life over the years.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to stop the channel surfin and watch everytime it is on. It's so bad it's good and funny at same time. Watching his facial expressions as he really gets into the song. It has the same cheese effect as Eddie Murphy's "Party All The Time." I love em both. LMAO...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG- I was thinking of the same thing- EM's Party All The Time- They are both up there with I can't look away.
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AHHHH! I was gonna post a thread about Party All The Time! We are all thinking the same thing...how spooky...

anyway, any other famous person try to make an album?

I know William Shatner did!

Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember Bruce Willis releasing something and labeling it music too...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Respect yourself" was the Bruce Willis song.

I actually like HEARTBEAT...I dont know why./...but then again, I heard Eddie Murphy's Party All The Time on the radio yesterday and actually got excited! so I'm pretty easy to please.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

quote:
Originally posted by Ali_with_an_i:
AHHHH! I was gonna post a thread about Party All The Time! We are all thinking the same thing...how spooky...

anyway, any other famous person try to make an album?

I know William Shatner did!

David Soul, Terry Bradshaw, Clint Eastwood
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still can't belivee this song. It went to #5 on the national pop chart back then! It still cause me a chuckle, it's not as good as Jack Wagner's All I need in my opinion. I briefly remember the video, and I also remember a really cheesy video from his Miami Vice co-star Phillip Michael Thomas.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Yeah and the soap star Michael Damian did a song and the lyrics were "no more hope of holding your body in the moonlight/did I fall in love for nothing..." I used to LOVE that song. We always requested it at the roller rink by my house when we went roller skating.
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That "Heartbeat" song came out around the same timeframe when other actors were thinking they were rock/pop singers: Bruce Willis and Philip Michael Thomas.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don Johnson was dating BARBARA STREISAND at the time. I guess he was trying to say "Hey, look, Barbara, I can sing too!"
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Well he failed. [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home