iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » 80's hair or metal bands on radio

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80's hair or metal bands on radio
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was on my way to the store this afternoon, and I didn't realize it, but every day at 4:00 the local rock station plays all 80's metal and hair band music. It was great- today I heard EnuffZNuff, Dokken, Poison, and GnR, until I had to run into the store. I didn't want to leave my car. I felt like I was in 1986 again!
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sweet action
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GoldTransAM
Master Rewinder
Member # 2973

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for GoldTransAM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have a station that plays all 80s (some 70s) hard rock. It's called The Brew 97.3 Rock of 80s
Posts: 191 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
101.5 here in Bismarck is fairly close to that even though they do play some more classic rock of the 70s but for the most part it's hair metal. Also arena rock From much music on my digital cable package is mostly hair metal.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Our local 80s station 94.1FM plays some good hair metal plus they have "House of Hair" on Fridays from 9pm-11pm...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here in Pittsburgh we had THE worst selection of radio stations up until 2 years ago. We had a whole bunch of classic rock stations, one station that played top 40 which is mostly
(C)Rap, and one station that I think was all
(C)Rap! Now we have WRKC, which plays a mix of hard rock, metal, hair bands from the 70's up to now. It is my favorite station. I will have to find out when they play more 80's stuff on the weekends.
Motley, is that House of Hair hosted by Dee Snider? I think they may have it here too.

Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have Sirius satellite radio on our TV, so that's the only time I hear a wide variety of "hair." It's still my alltime favorite kind of music. I wish we had a station that played stuff like that.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup House of Hair hosted by Dee. That man can pull songs out of his **** that I forgot existed. He rules!!!
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home