iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Help with name of a song please.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help with name of a song please.
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was at a wedding at the weekend and live band played a cool first song for the bride and groom, I forgot to ask what it was.

The lyrics are basically a list of things, so it goes a bit like this

“be my Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday etc”

“my Fahrenheit, my Celsius…”

It was sung in a sort or Van Morrison – Sting type style.

I’ve no idea what decade it could be though, so sorry if its not the 80s [Embarrassed] (

Not much to go on I’m afraid but hopefully enough. I have tried searching on these lyrics but no luck so far…..

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Saint_in_London:
I was at a wedding at the weekend and live band played a cool first song for the bride and groom, I forgot to ask what it was.

The lyrics are basically a list of things, so it goes a bit like this

“be my Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday etc”

“my Fahrenheit, my Celsius…”

It was sung in a sort or Van Morrison – Sting type style.

I’ve no idea what decade it could be though, so sorry if its not the 80s [Embarrassed] (

Not much to go on I’m afraid but hopefully enough. I have tried searching on these lyrics but no luck so far…..

You can stop it with the apologizing for it possibly not being 80s stuff. I've learned my lesson.

Seriously, though, the lyrics sound cool but I don't know the song or who sang it.

You can take what you have and run it on Yahoo with the "lyrics" next to it. That could help you...It works pretty well for me when I need the lyrics of a song.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok John, thanks for the warning, I'll brace myself! [Embarrassed] ) Maybe I'll get lucky and it really is an 80s one..
Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I can think of is After 7's "Ready or Not". But thats more R&B.
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeltaDeadDawn
Rewinder
Member # 4547

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for DeltaDeadDawn   Email DeltaDeadDawn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
remembe that song saturday love?? i think that is what it was called thats the one that comes to my mind dont think its it though...
Posts: 37 | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
FOUND IT!!

http://www.risa.co.uk/sla/song.php?songid=24166

From the very first moment I saw you
That's when I knew
All the dreams I held in my heart
Had suddenly come true
Knock me over stone cold sober
Not a thing I could say or do
'Cos baby when I'm walking with you now
My eyes are so wide
Like you reached right into my head
And turned on the light inside
Turning on the light
Inside my mind hey

Come on baby it's all right
Sunday Monday day or night
Written blue on white it's plain to see
That rainy shiny night or day
What's the difference anyway
Baby till your heart belongs to me

If I had some influence girl
With the powers that be
I'd have them fire that arrow at you
Like they fired it right at me
And maybe when your heart and soul are burning
You might see
That everytime I'm talking with you
It's always over too soon
That everyday feels so incomplete
Till you walk into the room
Say the word now girl
I'll jump that moon hey

Come on baby it's ok
Rainy shiny night or day
There's nothing in the way now
Don't you see
Winter summer day or night
Centigrade or fahrenheit
Thursday Friday short or long
When you got a love so strong
How can it be wrong now mercy me
Jumpin' Jesus holy cow !
What's the difference anyhow

Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what song is this? It doesn't sound familiar to me but I love the lyrics of it!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
Hi Jessie,

How are you? Well i hope.

Its called Be Mine and its by David Gray, I dont know if you guys have heard of him in the States but here in the Uk his been doing quite well, writes his own songs, play guitar, is producing some REAL music rather than the Pop Idol style...

Check him out, this is not his only good song by a long way.....

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home