iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Hardcore remixes of Eighties songs (LOLOL)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hardcore remixes of Eighties songs (LOLOL)
Hordak
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1772

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Hordak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Touch and go whether to put this in the 90s section - or even to post it at all - but I think it just has to be this one [Smile]

(Am SO going to regret this… [Embarrassed] )

Okay, happens I've been a fan of hardcore dance music since '93, its earlier breakbeat-driven style one of the first genres to convince me there was life after Eighties Pop, albeit not nearly as mainstream. This bouncy techno - as it eventually became - used to get an awful lot of stick for poppy rips back in the day, although I do find these tunes a bit of a laugh in all honesty (in no way representative of the scene as a whole).

Here IMO are 4 of the less offensively cr*ppy examples; fair to say the average Rewinder will either love 'em, or want to gouge their eardrums out... but should be fun seeing the responses either way! Oh and whoever DJ Stompy is, I'd like to buy him several pints for his astounding effort on the bottom one (however cheesy).

*Note to moderator*: Tracks are in the mix and, as such, aren't full lengths (doh), not that any of these scallies sought copyright permission in the first place… [Roll Eyes]

To download: Right click on link, 'Save Target As'

DJ Vinylgroover – Time After Time (4.53 MB)
Ripping off: Cyndi Lauper.

Who Done It? – Sweet Dreams (3.77 MB)
Ripping off: Eurythmics.

The Unknown Project – Wonderful Life (3.08 MB)
Ripping off: Black.

And saving the 'best' for last;

DJ Stompy – Come And Follow Me (4.87 MB)
Ripping off: Max Carl & Marcy Levy (end theme from Short Circuit, you have to smile!)

Respects/slatings please!!! [Big Grin]

Posts: 97 | From: Midlands, UK | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home