iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » THE CURE touring soon???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: THE CURE touring soon???
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend told me she heard THE CURE was going to be playing around here soon (at the same place THE GO GOS will be playing in May). I guess that means that the tickets for THAT will be $40 as well.

I hate to sound cheap...but I really think $40 is a lot to spend to see these 80s acts!

I guess I feel this way because when I go to see 80s metal acts in smaller venues the tickets are between $15-$20. I saw W.A.S.P., TWISTED SISTER, LA GUNS, DOKKEN to name a few for less than $20! I also got a great deal on KISS with POISON tix a few years back, that double bill cost me less than $20!
Sometimes, tand these are my favorite deals, you will get 3 or 4 good acts for one price. We went to see FIREHOUSE, RATT, QUIET RIOT and CINDERELLA for about $30 last year.....all those acts are great so that's a fair price.

For awhile POSION would tour with a few other metal bands and the tickets would be about $30-$40. I saw POISON, WARRANT and QUIET RIOT (ENUFF Z'ENUFF was there too but I got there late) all for $30. Thats why I cant see paying MORE than that for JUST THE GO GOS or JUST THE CURE.

Last year my husband surprised me with DURAN DURAN tickets. They were over $100 a ticket!!!!! Ay caramba! He also spent $100 a ticket on OZZFEST!

I want CHEAP TICKETS, dammit!!!!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$100 tix are good for Ozzfest considering you get the chance to see 15-20 bands...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Cure live are superb.I was fortunate to see them a few years back during a UK tour.They played for nearly 3 hours non stop.Now that was value for money.
The Sisters of Mercy have a new tour lined up too.Starts in Las Vegas i think and gets over here in April.These are a good band to see live too,although I wouldnt think they have much to promote lately,seeing as their output over the last few years has been very poor.Shame really cos i loved the Sisters.

Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the Cure live at Manchester....it was amazing to see all my favourite songs done live....and to see all the Robert Smith lookalikes in the crowd [Smile]
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Cure are my favorite band, and I sadly have never seen them. I would pay that price to see them, I just wish I could have seen them in the 80's instead of now. Robert Smith looks a bit ridiculous for his age to be wearing that Edward Scissorhands makeup. He shuld just take off the makeup, I mean his early videos didn't have all that comsetics on him. As for Sisters of Mercy, I would like to see them, they are playing here in March. I heard they have this long standing conflict with the record company, so that is the reason why they have had no new material for the past 16 years!I can't believe it's been that long since Vision Thing.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit The Sequel
Master Rewinder
Member # 4506

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit The Sequel   Email Canyoudigit The Sequel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Morrisey is playing my city, but at £30.00+(that's around $55.00) for the privilege - Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now.

But it's not all bad news, The Wedding Present are touring & it only cost me £16.00 so [Razz] to Mozza.

Posts: 109 | From: Bopping my way back to Coney! | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Louden Swain
Master Rewinder
Member # 3671

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Louden Swain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What I would do to see Moz...I hear he's coming to the U.S. but nowhere near me, out in Oklahoma and Texas, please come to PA., Moz!
Posts: 245 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moz has been elusive for me too, he played in some weird places in Canada, but ignored my area a few years back, can you believe that? I heard recently that Johnny Marr and Andy Rourke reunited for a few performances for some british charity show.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Louden Swain
Master Rewinder
Member # 3671

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Louden Swain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow...if Moz would reunite The Smiths. That tour would be huge. I would travel several hundred miles for that one! We'll have to keep our eyes open Riptide. His new album comes out in April, I believe.
Posts: 245 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
I don't know if the Smiths would ever reunite. Too much beef, Marr between MOz and Joyce, it's only Rourke that the band aren't mad at. When Joyce sued Moz and Marr a few years back for unpaid royalties that really made things worse.

I would just love to see Marr do something like the Smiths. I saw his band the Faith healers a few years ago, and they were playing this bad, boring type Oasis rock. Hadrdly any jangle in his playing anymore. Just remember, that Mox is very eccentric and unreliable, and I know this kind of behaviour pushed Marr to the edge. Moz has cancelled a bunch of concerts over the past few years due to supposed illness. I think the end of the Smiths was when Moz stood the rest of tha band up for a video shoot that never happened. it's a shame, but that's life.

Louden Swain
Master Rewinder
Member # 3671

Member Rated:
I know the odds are slim but maybe just maybe...I'm also hoping The Police would get back together.

I betcha Marr would get the jangle back if they would reunite! [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home