iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » To GO GO or not to GO GO????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: To GO GO or not to GO GO????
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The GO GOS are playing near me in May. I should go, right???? The tix are $40. I really didnt wanna spend that much but I never saw THE GO GOS live and always sort of loved them in my grade school days.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oo! i'd go. i love the gogos. 40 bucks is a bit steep though.

i wonder if they're coming near me.

Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go GO!!! I would Go Go if they came anywhere near me, and I don't think that's bad for tickets. Go Go and have good time!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's an awfully high ticket price for some has beeners. Don't get me wrong they were good but the key word is were...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Razz] ...have you seen them in concert lately...how do you know they're not still good.

Plus..if you liked them at any point, that's why your going, you want to hear the music you know and loved. My mom still likes to order her kind of music when they do concerts from the 50's and 60's...and if any of those groups tour she likes to see them.

So, no matter who it is...if it was someone that was memorable to you...then that's why you go. Plus, $40 is nothing, people spend that on 1 meal anymore, to have nothing at the end of the evening. At least you will have a great memory and get to say...I saw the Go Go's in concert, and how cool is that?

If you go see Motley Crue in concert are you going to hear them sing all their latest hits?? What would those be...????

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, $40 is pretty good. Tickets for something like that here would probably start around $100.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
isis said: "If you go see Motley Crue in concert are you going to hear them sing all their latest hits?? What would those be...????"

They had 2 new songs on their greatest hits album entitled "If I Die Tomorrow" and "Sick Love Song." That's 2 more than what the Go Go's have.
Actually I will be going and seeing them later this year when they go back on tour after making a new album. $40 is alot to spend to see the Go Go's IMO...

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the tickets would run about $20, right?
Well...they are $40.

I think I might go. The gusy dont wanna go so this would be a good Ladies Night Out thing for us girls.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I think I paid $35 for Firefall, Poco and The Pure Prairie League....

and REO Speedwagon and Eddie Money were the same price, but I think that's a bargain...for what you get from a concert.

When you see what people paid out for Superbowl tickets...that's the kind of stuff that is insane to me...because you can't even see what's going on at a game...you have a great view from your home on something like that, and it's live, and you don't freeze to death.

When events like that are over I just freak out at the thought of how the heck do all those people get out of there. I think where did they park?? And I have sat in heavy duty traffic before, and it is totally nerve wracking. That's why I never understand people spending the money on something like that for, because of what you go through.

CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you really have to ASK?...it's THE GO-GO's for crying out loud!!!

You really need to Go-Go and she them..They came to ATLANTA in the summer of 2000,and the tickets were 50 bucks. But i also got to see not only the Go-Go's .. The P-FURS & The B-52's also performed. in all HONESTY.. THE GO-GO's ROCKED THE HOUSE!!!,i mean those girls still "Got The Beat" they really sounded good even after 20 years later. Jane Wiedlin & Gina Schock are my fav, not to say that Belina was anything less then "AWESOME" cause she was [Big Grin] To make this long story short... These Girls are STILL GOOD!..There Still The Same GO-GO's we knew and loved in the '80s...and they still....."GOT THE BEAT"!!!! Mamamiasweetpeaches..i highy recommend you "GET UP AND GO"!!!!! (i'm soooooh glad i did)

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I heard the song "Vacation" used in a new princeline commercial. And like I said in another thread I just heard "Head over Heals" in a new Pantene commercial.

So...I don't think they are exactly dead yet.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home