iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » England Dan and John Ford Coley

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: England Dan and John Ford Coley
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love their music. I wish they made music that sounded like this....

I love this song:

Night are Forever Without You

Lying in bed with the radio on
Moonlight falls like rain
Soft summer nights thinking of you
When will I see you again

Soft and low the music moans
I can't stop thinking 'bout you, thinkin' 'bout you

I didn't know it would be so strong
Waiting and wondering about you
I didn't know it would last so long
Nights are forever without you
Nights are forever without you

The curtains still dance with the radio on
The sun'll be coming up soon
But I just can't sleep for thinking of you
Here alone with the moon
(repeat chorus)

What happened to them???

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS- check this out- it gives you a brief history- classicbands.com/england.html
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats just crazy ISIS! I just downloaded that last night! Such a good song. I had to get that one and Kenny Loggins' 'When I call you friend'

[ 01. February 2006, 19:34: Message edited by: Richie ]

Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love "When I call you friend", I posted those lyrics the weekend I got back from cindymancini's.

That is freaky Richie...you must not be aware of esp powers! [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marty McFly
Master Rewinder
Member # 4403

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty McFly   Email Marty McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BUMP

Offhand I only know of "I'd Really Love to See You Tonight" - that's pretty, even if a bit cheesy (though I love songs like that, so I'm not complaining). [Wink] .

Posts: 136 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
They are awesome, I wrote about a few other songs, on the 70's Rewind. I found a record album with: "Love is the Answer" on it, it is a great song. I highly recommend finding it.
Marty McFly
Master Rewinder
Member # 4403

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty McFly   Email Marty McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^ Do most of their songs sound relatively similar to "Love to See You"? I'll definitely keep an eye out for some of their other stuff. [Smile]

BTW, I always thought that one has an "upbeat love song that feels like a ballad" vibe. I wouldn't be surprised if it was an influence on many '80s songs like that.

Posts: 136 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS wonders:
quote:
What happened to them???
The group split up in 1980.

"England Dan" is Texas-born Dan Seals, who became a country singer in the mid-80's. His brother, Jim Seals, was part of Seals & Crofts in the 70's.

John Ford Colley (his name was spelled with two L's, though the band was named for one L) still performs as a solo act.

http://www.marstalent.com/bio_jf_coley.htm

Hope this helps! [Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home