iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Going to see W.A.S.P. in the spring!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Going to see W.A.S.P. in the spring!
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm ordering my W.A.S.P. tickets today. I saw them play in a club in Long Island about two years ago and while checking the clubs website I found out they're coming back around. They put on such a great show.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh man - I love WASP!

There's nothing finer than a middle aged man with saggy man-boobs and a codpiece! [Wink]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually Blackie looks pretty damn hot!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear it!

He's such an L.O.V.E Machine! [Cool]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stu1984
Master Rewinder
Member # 3248

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stu1984   Email stu1984   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice !!

I love the Idol and Wild Child.

Stu

Posts: 226 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! I saw 'em here in a local club about 2 years ago. Blackie still rocks. "The Real Me" was awesome live...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, that's cool, they are still around. I guess they still bring out the pyro and crazy stage props?
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Shockingly there were no pyrotechnics. I was a bit disappinted. I wanted to see crocth fire!
eightieschick
Rewind Guru
Member # 4385

- posted      Profile for eightieschick   Email eightieschick       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I love Wild Child! You are so lucky to see them. I've never seen them. We hardly get anyone here in Pittsburgh, just crap. Most bands avoid the burgh like the plague. Where are you going to see them mamamia?
Posts: 713 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mamamiasweetpeaches wrote:
quote:
Shockingly there were no pyrotechnics. I was a bit disappinted. I wanted to see crocth fire!
About two or three years ago, in some club in the New England states area, there was a pyrotechnic show of an 80's band (I can't remember which one it was) backfired when the stage and the props caught on fire, and some people actually died during that incident. The place was badly damaged or burned down. Ever since that incident, I would guess that some club owners don't want to risk injury and damage by having pyrotechnic stuff, especially if it's a smaller club instead of a large stadium venue.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The band was "Great White" where they had the pyro mishap...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Yeah, that wasnt far off from where I live, that GREAT WHITE thing. That was terrible. (Which is why, all jokes aside, they shouldnt do any crazy pyrotechnic stuff in small clubs like that...dangerous enough in an arena).

I'm going to see them at MULCAHYS , a club in Long Island.
Anyone who can get to Long Island should check out www.mulcahys.com They have a lot of "Old school" Metal bands play there. I saw W.A.S.P., DOKKEN and L.A. GUNS there. They also had people like WHITE LION, SKID ROW (Without Sebastian) and SEBASTIAN BACH (Without SKID ROW), YNGWIE MALMSTEEN and Brett "POISON" Michaels play there but I didn't see those shows.

[ 18. January 2006, 06:01: Message edited by: mamamiasweetpeaches ]

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Dokken rock! Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue had a side project going with one of the members of LA Guns before the Motley Crue tour that they called Brides of Deconstruction. They sounded pretty good. I think they are touring now, but not sure who took Nikki's place since the Crue are on the road...
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
About two or three years ago, in some club in the New England states area, there was a pyrotechnic show of an 80's band (I can't remember which one it was) backfired when the stage and the props caught on fire, and some people actually died during that incident.
It was more than just some people I believe it was either 99 or an even 100.

The bands manager just recently plead guilty to invoulantary manslaughter charges. I believe the club owners are also in a lot of trouble over this incident too.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home