iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » What 80's bands would you like to see reunited? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What 80's bands would you like to see reunited?
newbomb turk
Rewind Curious
Member # 3596

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for newbomb turk   Email newbomb turk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine are as follows:

1) Guns n Roses
2) Van Halen (DLR)
3) Police

Posts: 6 | From: Fort Myers, Florida | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good choices
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Motley Crue...

...oh no they already did...

Noms [Wink]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE CAUZE
Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish we still had all the Ramones.

Motley Crue needs a better comeback single than If I Die Tomorrow. It's good, but where's the sleaze?

Dr. Feelgood - now there was one of the last great '80s albums. I look forward to hearing all the new Motley songs.

Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By the way, anybody know how to get the umlaut over the O?
Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mötley Crüe

click on start
go to accessories
click on character map
choose select

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is not likely any of these reunited scenarios will ever happen, but here are my choices anyway:

(1.) Genesis, but only if Peter Gabriel rejoins as well. (Even though he left in the mid-70's.)

(2.) The Police.

(3.) Roxy Music, with Brian Eno if they could convince him.

(4.) The Runaways.

(5.) The Eurythmics.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One more I forgot to mention...

(6.) The Talking Heads

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lemme see here,

Well one wish came true this year, it was the reunion of the Pixies. I saw their show here in November and it was awesome. But a few others I would love are:

Talking Heads
Modern English(original members)
P.I.L(original members)_
Classix Nouveau
Adam and the Ants
The Replacements
Husker Du
The Smiths
Jesus and Mary Chain
My Bloody Valentine
Venom
Teardrop Explodes

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MISSING PERSONS (original line-up)

i too, wish the radical ramones were among us still. i loved the hell out of those guys.

ooh TALKING HEADS. ppl around me laugh and look at me like i am nuts whenever i hear one of their songs and get excited. not many TALKING HEADS fans 'round here i guess.

hey steven-i love THE POLICE. but i cannot stand STING as a solo artist.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ERIC 31
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1793

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIC 31   Author's Homepage   Email ERIC 31   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TIL TUESDAY- Aimee, Joey, Robert, Michael
MISSING PERSONS-Dale, Terry, Warren, Chuck, Patrick

Posts: 87 | From: NOR CAL | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too am a Talking Heads fan....though I missed the chance to see David Byrne this year at the Bass Hall. He was performing with a huge orchestra. Tickets were very high and I was busy...oh well.

Fav songs..."Girlfriend Is Better" & "Road To Nowhere"

anyone seen that Byrne movie "True Stories"

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Giancarlo
Master Rewinder
Member # 2774

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Giancarlo   Email Giancarlo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll go with Talking Heads, their "speaking in tongues" album is one of my favorite ever; the last track "Naive song" is simply a masterpiece.
Posts: 119 | From: ITALY | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Canyoudigit.
Rewind Guru
Member # 2703

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Canyoudigit.   Email Canyoudigit.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black Flag
The Smiths
The Misfits(with danzig, drop the thrash sounding material)
The Specials
The Stupids

I would say The Wedding Present but they have and are releasing a new album on valentines day, followed by a UK tour.

Dig it.

Posts: 515 | From: Protector of the 80's Ladies. | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm, looking at my list from 4 years ago, a few bands got back together

My Bloody Valentine-who played in Toronto last night! Too bad I missed it.

I've been hearing for a while that the Replacements are going to get back together, to coincide with their cd reissues.

The Jesus and Mary Chain got back together too, but only have played sporadic shows thus far.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Newbomb Turk started this thread. Love the name! [Big Grin]

The real Dokken:

Don Dokken
George Lynch
Jeff Pilson
Wild Mick Brown

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I went to see DOKKEN awhile back and was disgusted to see Don Dokken was the only familiar face on stage! Dont you hate when they do that??? Thye should have billed it as "DON DOKKEN" ifr George, Jeff and Mick weren't gonna be around.

LA GUNS was playing the same night and there were all these guys in their twenties on stage...so I was like :Well, THEY cant be original members!" I was disappointed that this was presented to me as "DOKKEN and LA GUNS when it was only 3/4 DOKKEN and 2/5 LA GUNS!!!!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

when I saw Dokken last year George Lynch was the only original member not there.
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember when they first broke up I saw an interview with them talking about what they'd call themselves. Don said HE should be "DOKKEN" cuz thats his last name. The other guys said he couldnt have "DOKKEN". He said he'd call himself "DKKN". The other guys made a joke that if he called himself "DKKN" they'd call themselves "BALLS" so that if they ever played together it would be called "DKKN BALLS" !!!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
I would love GUNS N ROSES to get back together but even if they DID I probably wouldnt buy tickets.....I have no faith in Axl showing up for a gig.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
Axl is a straight up mofo. Should be sued for crimes against fans. To make matters worse, he's keeping Tommy Stinson in GnR, which is holding up the Replacements reunion.
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really hate when a band breaks up and they keep the same name. It's not the same sound. Especially when the guitarist leaves. Even if they are replaced with another great guitarist, it will always be a different sound. Every guitarist has their own unique style, sound and song-writing.

One exception to this rule is OZZY. This is a true rarity. That so many different guitarists have maintained the greatness that is "Ozzy Osbourne". The sound may very a bit from album to album and guitarist to guitarist, but they never "sold-out".

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. GnR
2. Talking Heads
3. The Smiths

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Mr. Mister
2. Toto
3. Loverboy
4. Asia
5. the original Blues Brothers Band, including Murph and Willie (and if we can find a successful medium, Jake too)

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home