iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » The Cult

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Cult
Shayenne
Rewind Curious
Member # 4463

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Shayenne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whoever was into New Wave, can't forget this group, The Cult!

My favorite all time song from them is "She Sells Sanctuary"

"Sweet Soul Sister" is also a good tune from them, as is "Painted On My Heart" and "FireWoman"

Posts: 6 | Registered: Jan 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the board Shayenne. I'm a Cult fan too, I even have the records when they firststarted out as the Southern Death Cult, Death Cult, then it just became the Cult. Saw them in 2001, and they put on a pretty good show, they still had it. Probably my favorite albums from them are Love and Electric. I like some of their lesser known songs like Big Neon Glitter.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the Cult! The local radio station used to do a concert every year called "The End of Summer Weenie Roast." It became tradition to have a band from the 80s on the bill the last few years. The Cult were there back in 2000 I think it was and put on a helluva show. I know Missing Persons were there one year and I also remember Dokken bein there too...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you can always tell when you are listening to a cult song! i never owned any cult/southern death cult albums, but have some songs from the group. long live goth rock..
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie, is that you?^^^^^^

Good band!!!!

Love Removal Machine is a good song too

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home