iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Guess who the new singer of Queen is

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Guess who the new singer of Queen is
Eddie Wilson
Rewind Guru
Member # 169

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Eddie Wilson   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep....The new singer is the legendary Paul Rodgers from Bad Company. I love Paul Rodgers voice and I can't wait to hear how it sounds with Queens music. Where I come from, Bad Company are GODS.....They kick serious rock buttock.

Heres more: Here

Posts: 711 | From: Fort Worth, Texas, USA | Registered: Dec 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not a fan of either band, but Paul's voice and style is quite different from Freddie Mercury.

Freddie had a style and flair all his own. I'm not knocking down Paul, but he might have difficulty trying to win over the longtime Queen fans.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul was also the lead singer of Free. Paul Rogers might be the only one who could pull this off. But there could only be one Freddid Mercury.

Never knew Queen was going to get back together

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul was also the lead singer of Free. Paul Rogers might be the only one who could pull this off. But there could only be one Freddid Mercury.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me there is no QUEEN without Freddy Mercury.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me there is no QUEEN without Freddy Mercury.
quote:

i agree
Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't even know that Queen was trying to get something going again. I don't know anything about this Paul Rogers. If I recall Bad Company songs his voice doesn't sound anything like Freddy Mercury's voice. What are they thinking? Why wouldn't they just form another band.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Wizard
The 80s Hero you've been holding out for....
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for The Wizard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Paul Rogers sing a Queen song with the band and wasn't impressed - nothing like as distinct and good as Freddy Mercury's voice.
Posts: 1334 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

That maybe true Wizard that Paul Rogers might not be able to pull off singing Freddie's old tunes but you have to admit that Paul Rogers is a VERY accomplished vocalist in his own right.
Sarkoloff
Rewind Curious
Member # 3684

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Sarkoloff   Author's Homepage   Email Sarkoloff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this is news to me; & good news at that! I, for one, have sorely missed the energy and sound of Brian May's guitar work in recent years (though I'm sure he has remained somwhat active, I just have not heard anything from him in the last, maybe 10 years or so). The group reforming - .. well, I guess only time will tell for sure. As for Paul Rogers, (who, btw, is also accredited to working with Jimmy Page in the 'short-lived' 80's group- "the Firm"), seems to me to be at the very least: "worthy" (if not, even "More than worthy!") of acquiring the "Throne" [so to speak]. I believe that all those with related posts here, who've questioned & put down "Queen's" decision to embark on this venture, should, instead of condemning the newly formed group as a 'negative' and/or bashing the very "idea" of it before even giving it a fair chance; - That they ought to, instead, accept it as a possible new creative vehicle for this legendary band's surviving members, (and for Rogers) and should see it more as an 'endearment' to Fredddie & this incredible band's past. In other words, try not to get so hung up on such frivolities as the "Queen" name and just give the band a "chance" - musically, and creatively. And besides, isn't it (or, rather, "shouldn't it be") the band itself,(Queen), that has the "right" to make that decision? I think so. I also believe that May and the others truly mean only the best for Freddie's name; and that any thoughts of it being a "disrespect" to the late artist (Mercury) or other cynicisms such as "they (Queen) are only doing it for the money"; are hardly even worthwhile considerations, nor are they even close to being applicable, in this case. Just my opinon, of course. So I just wanna say: - "Best of luck to all concerned! For we surely could USE some good kick-*** rock and roll music these days! I'm gonna keep an open mind and an open ear anyway!
Posts: 1 | From: Long Beach Calif. | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul Rogers certainly has a great classic rock voice, but I'm not sure how suitable it is for your average Queen song.

However, I saw him playing a couple of tracks with them on the telly recently, and was less concerned about the qulity of his voice, and more about the quality of his hair!!!

I'm assuming Stevie Wonder makes his wigs??!!! [Eek!]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home