iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Close My Eyes Forever

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Close My Eyes Forever
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not really being a metal or rock fan in my younger years this was the first ozzie track I had ever taken notice of and liked. As I’ve said before I used listen to a lot of US chart music and this is where I heard this one. It’s a really cool song.

I think it may have been a no1 or no2 in the US.

It never even rasied it head over here in the uk.

Close My Eyes Forever
Written by Lita Ford & Ozzy Osbourne
Duet with Ozzy Osbourne
Produced by Mike Chapman
Released on 'Lita' (1988)
Also released as a single A-side with "Under The Gun" (1989)
Also released on 'The Best Of Lita Ford' (1992) & 'Greatest Hits Live' (2000)

Baby, I get so scared inside
And I don't really understand
Is it love that's on my mind
Or is it fantasy.

Heaven is in the palm of my hand
And it's waiting here for you
What am I supposed to do
With a childhood tragedy.

If I close my eyes forever
Will it all remain unchanged
Will it all remain the same.

Sometimes it's hard to hold on
So hard to hold on to my dreams
It isn't always what it seems
When you're face to face with me.

You're like a dagger and stick me in the heart
And taste the blood from my blade
And when we sleep would you shelter me
In your warm and darkened grave.

Will it all remained unchanged
Will you ever take me

No, I just can't take the pain
But would you ever trust me
No, I'll never feel the same, Oh.

I know I've been so hard on you
I know I've told you lies
If I could have just one more wish
I'd wipe the cobwebs from my eyes.

Will it all remained unchanged
Close your eyes
Close your eyes
You gotta close your eyes for me.

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great 80s track with the Ozzman and Lita. I have this song on my IPod...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love it but when it came out it used to make me wanna hang myslef cuz it reminded me of someone I was all heartbroken over. WAHHHHH!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Close Your Eyes Forever, is a great 80's Rock Ballad. MTV made me a Lita Ford fan with "Kiss Me Deadly", so this tune got lots of play too.

Here's a link if you want to listen it.

Close Your Eyes Forever

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful song...one of my faves. I bought Lita Ford's GH just for this song.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stormybia
Rewind Curious
Member # 4438

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for stormybia   Email stormybia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have always been a fan of rock music, and my fave genre is the 80s but I must say, this is a beautiful song, but it doesnt make any sense to me. It never has. If anyone could explain what they think it means, I would enjoy that. And if you know for sure what the song is supposed to mean, please say that if you respond.
Posts: 9 | From: baltimore | Registered: Dec 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its up to the person listening what is the meaning. To me it signifies the end of something like a relationship or something like that...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home