iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Who Loves Prince? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Who Loves Prince?
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Mouse Avenger wrote:
quote:
I also heard that Prince wrote a song for the Live Aid concert. Too bad he couldn't make it to the real show... [Frown]
He did?

I know that he recorded a song (can't remember the title right now, though) for the We Are The World album, but didn't participate in the song itself. If I recall correctly, he had some particular issues and problems with the way the whole thing was being handled, so he recorded just a solo song for the album.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that song was called "4 The Tears In Your Eyes".
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christopher Tracy: I must have that disease, what's the name of it?
Mary: It's called Stupid.
Mary: If you don't get out of my house, I'll have my father's guards throw you out!
Christopher Tracy: Why? 'Cause you ain't bad enough to do it yo'self?

Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Those two quotes from UTCM are also my favorites... [Big Grin]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
K I am a little off on this one because I just read the title so I am going to respond. I honestly do not know what the big deal is about Prince. I mean he has some awesome songs but he looks like a little bug to me. He and I and about a million other people share the same birthday so I have always been a little intrigued with him because of that. I dont' think that I would even purchase any new stuff that he has out now because I think he has changed so much.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
beauty is in the eye of the beholder
Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Ditto. But I can understand...or at least my sister can. [Smile]
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like his 80s stuff, but anything post-1989 is awful IMO. He would been better off to retire in 1989...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marty McFly
Master Rewinder
Member # 4403

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty McFly   Email Marty McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
I like his 80s stuff, but anything post-1989 is awful IMO. He would been better off to retire in 1989...

"Diamonds and Pearls" was a cool ballad type song. I also liked "Money Don't Matter 2 Nite" from the same album.

That was 1991, but alot of pop culture from that year had sort of a late '80s afterglow on it. Truthfully 1989-91 is almost an era unto itself, like after the "real '80s" but before the "grunge '90s".

So, your description would actually fit that. [Big Grin]

Posts: 136 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard a few songs from 3121 and I really only liked "Black Sweat" and "Love." Give me "Controversey" or "Erotic City" anyday!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
I like "Black Sweat", as well as "Beautiful, Loved, & Blessed", "Te Amo Corazon", & "Fury". [Smile]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
You know, I've been thinking, what would you like to hear on Prince's next album? [Smile]
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More of a Purple Rain sound. Nothin beats him in the 80s....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vashti1999
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1837

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for vashti1999   Email vashti1999   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgive me for bumping up an old thread. I hadn't been on the forum in a few years. [Embarrassed] But I had to respond in a thread dedicated to my favorite artist. I'm a Prince fanatic, hardcore since the 1999 album (hence the username). I was hardcore to the point that I used to buy the vinyl AND cassette releases of his albums, as well as the regular vinyl singles and 12" maxi-singles because I wanted EVERYTHING he put out. The 80s were his golden age, but I'm still a major fan to this day. Seen him in concert three times and was lucky to get his autograph at a record signing (back when he was the unpronounceable symbol). So yeah, to answer the thread question: ME!!!!! lol
Posts: 60 | From: New York City | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home