iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Who Loves Prince? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Who Loves Prince?
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
U R so right! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a few Prince questions:

1. How come he never made a Christmas album?

2. What's with the different colors in his wardrobe? (i.e. red & black)

3. It took him a whole year to make the new "3121" album?!

Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Oh, & another one too: Will he ever have another baby? [Smile]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
And where does he live now? He moved out of Minneapolis...
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember a few years back that he donated some money to a little town here in NC called Princeville after they had a flood. That was pretty cool that he would do that...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
I heard of that story, too. That was nice of him... [Smile]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
I also heard that Prince wrote a song for the Live Aid concert...too bad he couldn't make it to the real show... [Frown]
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Out of curiosity, who wants to buy his next album? Me! [Big Grin]
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I watched SNL last niht and caught then two new Prince songs, they aren't bad, it should be a good, solid album. I just wish he didn't hurt his career in the 90's with the name change and all the other weird sideshow stuff.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
I saw it, too! He was so awesome! And that Prince skit was hilarious! [Big Grin]
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm suprised he even let them do a skit as egotistical as he used 2 be....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Boy, back when I first started liking Prince, I didn't know he was egotistical...
Marty McFly
Master Rewinder
Member # 4403

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty McFly   Email Marty McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, he's cool (definitely unique in music, image and personality, though). [Smile]

I've always liked a few of his songs (more the individual hits), especially "1999" -- which is strange to hear today in a futuristic sense, LOL (that would be like if someone came out with a song about 2019).

I also saw the movie Purple Rain a few years back, which got me a bit more interested again. Of course it was fictionalized, but it's somewhat based on his life up till that time.

Posts: 136 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
OMG, I just watched Purple Rain a few days ago! [Big Grin]
Marty McFly
Master Rewinder
Member # 4403

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Marty McFly   Email Marty McFly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure I'm forgetting some details 'cause it's been awhile. But I really remember feeling sorry for Prince's character all throughout the movie - you could sorta see how he was the way he was, just from his homelife and such.
Posts: 136 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PRINCE
HE IS GODLIKE!
mmhmm;)~
when i was single i would dream of one day finding him and...hahah...marrying him:)

Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Actually, I have those dreams myself. [Big Grin]
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prince is cool. My best friend back in 6th grade introduced me to more of his music than what was just on the radio and over the years, I really became a fan. He is extremely talented. He has such a catalog of music but some of my favorite songs are:

Pop Life
When You Were Mine
I Wanna Be Your Lover
Erotic City
The Beautiful Ones
Theives In The Temple
Kiss
Batdance or 200 Balloons (the original)
U Got The Look
My Name Is Prince
The Continental
Sweet Baby
319 (Elizabeth Berkley from Saved By The Bell did a hell of a strip to this song in the movie Showgirls)
I Hate U
P Control

I could go on and on so I'll stop there.

I find it curious that every woman Prince gets involved with ends up with her own group or album. No one has mentioned his ex-wife Mayte. She was an incredible dancer in the performances I saw her do with Prince. She also had an album and re-did two of his songs "If I Love U 2 Nite," which was actually quite good and "The Most Beautiful Boy In The World," which was not so good.

I know after their child died, their marriage fell apart and she dated Tommy Lee for awhile.

Finally, does any one remember that Prince gave Carmen Electra her start? It appeared that he had an interest in her and therefore, produced her album but then he met Mayte and well, Carmen was history, just like her album.

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, one more thing..Mouse Avenger, do you like his new song, "Black Sweat?" I like it better than the first song he released off this 3121 album. It sounds more like his old stuff.
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Oooh, I love that song! I just downloaded it, as a matter of fact! [Big Grin]
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*wonders where he lives now and who he is dating* [Big Grin] lol
Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
In answer to your questions:

1. He lives in Toronto...

2. With his wife.

(Which SHOULD have been either you or moi...grr.)

AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
yes it should have been ME! lol...or you;)
i thought someone said he got divorced...im so out of the loop lol

The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
Well, I can help you. First he was married to his back-up dancer Mayte Garcia, then he had the baby with her, then the baby died, then they divorced. A while later, he married Manuela Testolini...the object of my jealousy.
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
thanks mouse avenger....she would of been the object of my jelousy as well if it were a year ago lol.....see what love does to ya? rofl...
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home