iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Who Loves Prince? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Who Loves Prince?
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do! I do! Prince is the coolest 80's artist & actor I have ever heard of! [Big Grin] Any other Prince lovers out there? [Wink]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Prince. I was actually thinking about posting about the song 17 Days...I play it all the time, and it is one of my favorite songs he did.

But, I love: When Doves Cry, I would Die 4 U, Take Me with U, You've got the Look, Mountains,
Little Red Corvette, Delirious, and 1999...plus many more.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I love Prince. I was actually thinking about posting about the song 17 Days...I play it all the time, and it is one of my favorite songs he did.

But, I love: When Doves Cry, I would Die 4 U, Take Me with U, You've got the Look, Mountains,
Little Red Corvette, Delirious, and 1999...plus many more.

OMG, I love all those songs, too! [Big Grin] Especially 1999! [Wink]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually was a Prince fan when the song "Controversy" came out years ago. It built since then....I love the B-Sides like "Erotic City" & others. Purple Rain was actually a very good movie.

Not to mention that Prince was behind Vanity 6's "Nasty Girl" and Sheila E's "The Glamouruos Life". [Cool]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My fave Prince songs are not from the 80's, I really don't like his 80's stuff.

I love, "Cream", "7", "Diamonds and Pearls" and "Most beautiful girl in the world" the best.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch:
My fave Prince songs are not from the 80's, I really don't like his 80's stuff.

I love, "Cream", "7", "Diamonds and Pearls" and "Most beautiful girl in the world" the best.

His 90's songs are cool, too. I once parodied TMBGITW for my father, & he loved it! He didn't even know it was Prince 'till I told him! [Big Grin]
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prince is a genius, he's gone through some patchy moments in his career the past 10 years or so, but he has a really good body of work. He was untouchable during the 82-87 period, I had chance to see him a few years ago, but I didn't make it, silly me. I really like some of prince's not well known song like Free on the 1999 album.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prince is an awesome individual. He was way ahead of his time. I'm a huge fan of his music and movies. I tend to favor Purple Rain...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually quoted the song "Free" in the section that went below my yearbook photo in 2001.

I used the quote "Be glad that you are free...There's many a man who's not".

I guess I wrote that because that's how I felt about my graduating class. We were free.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that 'Sign O' The Times' was a terrific CD. I COuld Never Take The Place Of Your Man, and If I was Your Girlfriend were without a doubt 2 of his best!
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raggedyman
Master Rewinder
Member # 4065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for raggedyman   Email raggedyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know any straight blokes that can honestly admit to being PRINCE fans.
Posts: 241 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by raggedyman:
I don't know any straight blokes that can honestly admit to being PRINCE fans.

Right...
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm straight and a Prince fan....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:

See, there you go! [Big Grin]
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Same here. His songs kick!

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lastdaysofrain
Master Rewinder
Member # 2542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lastdaysofrain   Author's Homepage   Email Lastdaysofrain   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm straight and Prince is one of my all time favorites. Especially the 82-88 era.

I was in a punk rock band and everything, yet, still love Prince.

I even love the stuff he wrote for other bands, the Time, Vanity 6, Mavis Staples etc

If I could only find the Apollonia stuff on CD.

Posts: 125 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the 80s Prince better than anything he has done since Batman Soundtrack. He has evolved so much through his music that he doesn't even sound the same to me. It would be cool if he would go back and do a Purple Rain 2 album and see if he could come up with any more songs!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiskoBell
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4330

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SiskoBell   Email SiskoBell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Prince is a genius, he's gone through some patchy moments in his career the past 10 years or so, but he has a really good body of work.
I wholeheartedly agree Riptide. Prince's body of work is great. This includes the many hit songs he's written and produced for other artists over the years. That coupled with his enormous musical talent makes him, IMO, one of the true musical genius of our time.
Posts: 55 | From: Chicago | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
I plan to become his newest protege. [Smile]
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

sorta like an Apollonia of the modern times?
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Beautiful Ones from Purple Rain is still simply brilliant.I love the way it starts so slow and gentle then gradually builds to his screaming climax.And its still a perfect song about lost love.At least thats how i continue to interpret it.Superb.
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
quote:
sorta like an Apollonia of the modern times?

I guess you could say that.
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I’m guessing you already know about his new single 'Te Amo Corazon' and upcoming album ‘3121’. The video for said single will be directed by Salma Hayek, who did her own version of this song on the soundtrack to 'Once Upon A Time In Mexico'
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
OOOooohhhh....yes I do! [Big Grin]
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Richie:
I think that 'Sign O' The Times' was a terrific CD. I COuld Never Take The Place Of Your Man, and If I was Your Girlfriend were without a doubt 2 of his best!

i have to agree. but then, there so many other songs he did that are just as good. of course there are the obvious, more popular songs like purple rain, little red corvette...and so on. but i am more into his songs like, gigalos, do me baby, erotic city, pop life, adore & many others.
my favorite has to be i would die 4 u, because it holds a special place in my heart as well as a great memory.
prince's work is so varied and yet, he still has managed to keep his own sense of self and style, with his music ranging from funk, to pop, to rock and roll. he plays awesome guitar and beautiful piano, writes for other artists, & produces.
riptide said it best, the man is truly a genius.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home