iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Favorite 80s Artist you are listening to today!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Favorite 80s Artist you are listening to today!
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the heading on the subject line I didn't quite know how to word it.

I just bought Lionel Richie's Definitive Collection Album. It is so awesome. I have no idea why I am so in love with his music right now. The only thing that bothers me is that Oh No isn't on it. It is the song that plays in The Last American Virgin whenever Gary ??, gets dumped by Karen. I cannot believe that that song wouldn't have made the CD!

Okay so what 80s artists have you become addicted to lately???

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Crazy With Love (Over You) is the LAST AMERICAN VIRGIN song. I have never been able to find it. it's not on Lionel's Greatest Hits! Is it a COMMODORES song? I don't think so. I have even tryed KAZZAA to no avail.

The 80s person I liked then and still like just as much now is OZZY OSBOURNE.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'll be damned...I just checked the soundtrack listing on IMDB and that song IS called Oh No!!!!!!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Oh No is listed as a COMMODORES song and can probably be found on one of their Greatest Hits or Best Of albums.

(Also missing from lionel's Greatest Hits is You Are!!!! (You are the sun, you are the rain, that makes my life this foolish game, you need to know, I love you so, and I'd do it all again and again. Whoa. Whoa. Whoa-oa-oa-oa-oa-yeah!))

Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mamamia you are off of your game lately with Dr. Mancini and now this!! [Eek!] [Wink] [Big Grin]

Just playing with you. Crazy In Love would have been more of an appropriate title. I do not understand why that would be one that is included on the greatest hits CD!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Tia
Master Rewinder
Member # 4374

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Tia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
The 80s person I liked then and still like just as much now is OZZY OSBOURNE.

funny, i was learning crazy train and flying high again for this band i tried out for on tuesday. they said they cut flying high off their setlist because it's too slow! that totally surprised me.

anyway, yeah, ozzy's great. i was just watching this black sabbath retrospective too, all their early to mid-70s stuff. he was so great! always a bit of an airhead, though... i guess that's an artist temperament for ya.

Posts: 201 | From: Witch Mountain | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jessie the Sunflower Goddess:
Okay so what 80s artists have you become addicted to lately???

One word, sister: PRINCE! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been relistening to Michael Jackson's Thriller and Off the Wall albums as of late. He just seemed so untouchable back then.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Mouse Avenger   Author's Homepage   Email The Mouse Avenger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Riptide:
I've been relistening to Michael Jackson's Thriller and Off the Wall albums as of late. He just seemed so untouchable back then.

Michael Jackson kicks bum, too. [Smile]
Posts: 1057 | From: With my mouse pals on Baker Street | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, he probably should have retired after Thriller, because he started to way overshadow his music with his lifestyle after. When you have statues of your likeness on your album cover, you know you are in trouble.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am listening to alotta Prince these days. And Ozzy is finally getting what he deserved. I saw where Black Sabbath were FINALLY going to the Rock and Roll hall of fame...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Smiths Singles: Great album!
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tears for Fears for me. Pale Shelter rules! [Razz]
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Mouse Avenger
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4406

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
I am listening to alotta Prince these days.

WOOHOO! [Big Grin]
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Currently I'm Listenting To..THE CHURCH "Under The Milky Way" [Smile] And it's been on repeat for a while now
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Louden Swain
Master Rewinder
Member # 3671

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Louden Swain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been listening to a lot of Joy Division/New Order and Echo and The Bunnymen lately.
Posts: 245 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home