iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Song Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Song Help
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard this song twice in just a few weeks, I am pretty sure it is from the late 80's. It sounds like a band like maybe White Lion....but I don't think it is them...but the song goes....

Your to young.....

All that I can do... is just wait for you.....

just wait for you....

and they sing that over and over....

I heard it again today...I tried looking those words up for the lyrics and couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know?? It is driving me crazy!

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiskoBell
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4330

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SiskoBell   Email SiskoBell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Isis. I don't recall the song, but I did some searching for the lyrics. It might be "Wait For You" by Bonham.

The lyrics I found:

Gone tomorrow
One day closer to your heart
Lost around me
Is time in itself when you’re near

Take the time
I’ll show you the lover for you
You’re too young
To know what it is that I feel

All that I can do
Is wait for you
Just wait for you

All that I can do
Is wait for you
Just wait for you

Full of sorrow
Your eyes are too wide and too new
Though I know
These feelings I get when you’re near

Even I, I can’t give
You love without fear
You’re too young
I don’t know what’s keeping me here

All that I can do
Is wait for you
Just wait for you

All that I can do
Is wait for you
Just wait for you

---- Instrumental Interlude ----

All that I can do
Is wait for you
Just wait for you

All that I can do
Is wait for you
Just wait for you

All that I can do
Is wait for you
Just wait for you

All that I can do

Posts: 55 | From: Chicago | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Sisko!!! That is it...I did a search for "Wait for you" lyrics and didn't find it....who is Bonham???? Does anyone know them?? Do you know what year that song came out??? I like it. I am going to have to find it. Thank you!!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiskoBell
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4330

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SiskoBell   Email SiskoBell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're welcome Isis! [Big Grin] He's:

Jason Bonham, born (July 15, 1966), British drummer and son of legendary Led Zeppelin drummer, John Bonham (from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Bonham )

The song is on the "The Disregard of Timekeeping" album, appearing in 1989. Hope that helps. [Smile]

Posts: 55 | From: Chicago | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
WOOOO HOOO...so it was a part of the 80's!! No wonder I liked it!!

Thanks so much Sisko....I am going to find me that song, fer shur!

Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, I haven't heard Wait for you in years. Another lost band I was wondering if someone would remeber was Steelheart's i'll never let you go or Trixter's One in a Million.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to have that BONHAM "album" on cassette. You should get it, every song on it's good.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isn't it cool when you make a discovery of an 80s artist that you weren't aware of???
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home