iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Favorite New Kids on the Block Song (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Favorite New Kids on the Block Song
jlynn9111
Rewind Curious
Member # 4343

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for jlynn9111         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was a huge NKOTB fan. My walls in my bedroom were plastered with them, including my curtains, comforter, telephone, etc. I had everything from backpack, books, to dolls, which I still have the dolls. I was never able to see them in concert. Jordan Knight was my favorite! One of the songs that I really had liked was "This ones for the children". I thought it really showed J's talent. "The right stuff" and "Step by Step" are two of my faves. Other songs such as Games, Happy Birthday, Stay with me baby, Funny feeling, My favorite girl, Hold on, Cover girl, Popsicle, ETC. I hope that helps.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Oct 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't have a problem with people making fun of us just for liking NKOTB or any other teen pop group for that matter, only some of the guys were making fun but that's because they were jealous, I mean Joey, Jordan, Jon ,etc were hotter than they where! [Razz] [Big Grin] *sigh* Joey MacIntyre was it for me!

Everytime there was a music video of them either my aunt or my parents used to call me to go and see it! I had the dolls, every Cassette, posters, The miniature stage, towels, I mean I was a hard core fan! I even watch the cartoons saturday mornings! If they get back together again I would definitely go and see them, they would bring good old memories back!

Oh yeah Nirvana, that was my rebelious phase, I was into protest music!

Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just because I'm posting here doesn't mean I'm a fan. That would totally ruin my Metallica-image. But anyway, my favorite NKOTB songs were "The Right Stuff" and "Please Don't Go, Girl." And for the record, I thought Joey was good on Boston Public.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jabeen:
Hey Mane, Joey was for me too! I was mesmorized by his blue-eyes and baby face. It's funny because most all my ideal after that (well, Kidd Video was before) has always been the baby face. Sadly, I have YET to see any of their videos. I liked them so late that MTV just stopped playing their videos. I think I have seen "The Right Stuff" one time and possibly Hangin Tough. But that's it.

I was able to get a hold of 3 nkotb vhs with their videos fron hangin tough and step by step and a live one! I forgot how I used to like "Please don't go girl" just for Joey!
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Jabeen:
"I used to like 'Please don't go girl' just for Joey"

HA! You an me both. Of course I never saw the video, but I knew what he looked like so of course that helped guide me while listening to his flute like voice.

The video was cool enough for the time! Very simple! But I love that song!
dollFACE
Rewind Curious
Member # 4405

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for dollFACE   Author's Homepage   Email dollFACE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my fave NKOTB song was and still is "please don't go girl".
Posts: 4 | From: The Cotton Club | Registered: Nov 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BabyLove19781999
Ace Rewinder
Member # 2336

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for BabyLove19781999   Email BabyLove19781999   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be loving you forever
Posts: 371 | From: Ottawa & Fort Lauderdale | Registered: Feb 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
made in 81.. here is an awesome NKOTB thread from the past you can sift through.

I actually like their more recent tune "Dirty Dancing" for more obvious reasons. Total guilty pleasure tune!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
made in 81
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9099

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for made in 81   Email made in 81   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha awesome thread!! Does anyone have "The best of" dvd? There is a live version of "Baby I believe in you"...omg Jordan with an unbuttoned shirt..whit whew! Wow this site just keeps getting better and better. [Smile]
Posts: 21 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully, Cindy Mancini will stop by and share a few of her cool pics from back in the day.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I loved NKOTB in the 80's/early 90's. Joe McIntyre was my favorite, and I think he is still pretty hot! I had a huge poster of him on my bedroom wall. I can admit that I bought their newest album and I like a lot of the songs on it.

I remember going to summer camp in the mid 90's when grunge was all the rage, and this one girl there got picked on mercilessly because she wore NKOTB T-shirts all the time and blasted their music on her discman. Funny how quickly trends fade....Let's hope Justin Bieber fades away soon! [Wink]

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I was working at McDonald's during the height of the New Kids craze, I remember them selling cups (plastic) that people went nuts for.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Hopefully, Cindy Mancini will stop by and share a few of her cool pics from back in the day.

Valley, I e-mailed Cindy.

She should now come on here and post her photographs.

I also thought you may like to look at their website.

http://www.nkotb.com/

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I'm actually disappointed that Cindy Mancini didn't share her NKOTB pics! yet?

Anyway.. the Patrick Swayze tribute thread reminded me to check out my fav NKOTB tune:

Dirty Dancing

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i always liked Covergirl. it sounded so cheesy but i remember skating to that song at the roller rink when i was in 5th grade. i always liked when donnie starts singing, "don'tcha know...i only wanna be with youuuuuuu...."
i also liked Favorite Girl and Please Don't Go Girl. i remember they did a remake of Didn't I Blow Your Mind, which i love the original.

i remember watching the cartoon at one time, and i had a Jordan sleeping bag that i got for my birthday one year. [Embarrassed]
and i also saw them in concert but i barely remember it [Frown] ...i was so young.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chimpanshane
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 8248

19 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for chimpanshane   Email chimpanshane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love "Step by Step"
Posts: 11 | From: Philippines | Registered: Sep 2009 | Site Updates: 19  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's too many to choose from.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the right stuff is played in my car from time to time (on shuffle). As a guy it was a little embarrassing for me to listen to at 14yrs of age but now its kinda cool i think. Another 80s fan at my work was singing it along with me in the staff room the other day...the reception we got kinda said 'Hey, thats so cheesy its just too cool'
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are so little to choose from for me (sorry Cindy) I never liked them.....probaly why I don't now even.....my little sis did...she even got a payperview special for her friends one year........she also used to kiss their crotches on her poster lol [Smile] I just always thought they weren't attractive.....just normal looking.
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
muffy, i agree about the music, i didn't like the majority of their songs. hangin tough, the right stuff, funky christmas, i'll be loving you, ...no thanks.
i did like the ones i mentioned though. it reminds me of being that age and it's pretty hard for me to remember those times. all i remember is skating every weekend and most music around that time, takes me back to the roller rink days.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home