iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Purple Rain---WHO IS THIS BAND???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Purple Rain---WHO IS THIS BAND???
Necronom
Rewind Curious
Member # 3435

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Necronom   Email Necronom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Purple Rain there is a band that plays a song that goes "I want to be a montanair" Does anyone know the artist and song name???
Posts: 2 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The song "Modernaire" is by Dez D|ckerson. Dez was (at the time) guitarist in Prince's band, The Revolution.

He has his own website now, and recently wrote a book about his experience with Prince:

(click below):
http://www.dez****erson.com

Hope this helps! [Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Necronom
Rewind Curious
Member # 3435

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Necronom   Email Necronom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you are the best!! you just made my weekend ten times better..i send you a million thanks
Posts: 2 | From: New York | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I totally forgot about that song until you guys mentioned it. I had always thought he said "Mountaineer"(?) The other night when I was giving my daughter a bath I was singing it:"I wanna be a Mountaineer....Mountaineer,Mountaineer"
sometimes the obscure 80s songs are the ones that get stuck in your head. Like that song "If your gonna ride...dont ride the white horse....." Remember that one?????

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mamamiasweetpeaches asked:
quote:
...Sometimes the obscure 80s songs are the ones that get stuck in your head. Like that song "If your gonna ride...dont ride the white horse....." Remember that one?????
"White Horse" by a group from Denmark called Laid Back from 1984. Believe it or not, the group is still around! [Cool]

Click below for their website:
http://www.laidback.dk/home.htm

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahaha!!!!!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home