iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » went searching

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: went searching
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went searching amongst our cds. One of the songs I found that I missed and adored is " I'll set you free". Don't you all miss the Bangles?
Who couldn't miss "Hazy Shade of Winter" or "Walk like an Egyptian". xoxoxx

Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Kat,

I was on a big Bangles kick last week. I think my favorite old song of theirs is "If She Knew What She Wants." I also love "In Your Room," "Hazy Shade of Winter" and "Be With You."

Did you check out their new album last year, Doll Revolution? It really wasn't that good. I only liked 2 songs. One was an Elvis Costello remake of Doll Revolution and the other was "Something That You Said," which was the single they released. I think it was a huge mistake to let anyone other than Susanna sing the majority of the leads. This album proves that.

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny, I listened to the Bangles debut album All over the place this week several times. I know some don't agree, but I like this album the best. It's their most jangly 60's influenced stuff and ut has harmonies to die for. They could have been the female Beach Boys if they did more suff like the final song on the album. James is a jamming tune and going down to Liverpool is pure bliss. I really wish Doll revolution could have been better, probably too much time away from the industry.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Bangles are my absolute favorite band. "Different Light" was one of the first albums I ever bought.

"Everything" is a very special album to me. I got it at the start of my final year of high school and I listened to it every single day. Now, 16 years later, I still never tire of hearing it.

There is not a dud song on the entire album - "Glitter Years", "Crash and burn", "Bell Jar", "Complicated Girl", I could go on.

The "All over the place" album is terrific as well. "Going down to liverpool", "Hero takes a fall" and "James" are all great.

I also really love Susanah Hoff's first solo album "When you're a boy". If you like the jangly Bangle sound, you should enjoy this album. The lead single was "My side of the bed" but it is probably one of the weaker songs on the album.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too Stitch! Different Light was one of the first albums that I bought on record (you know when you were younger you could only afford tapes?). Anyway, I had forgotten about "Hero takes a fall". Such a great song! The Bangles wrote such great songs - and in today's world it is so rare for an artist (who also gets chart recognition) to write their own songs. LURVE The Bangles!
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home