iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » My guilty pleasure.......

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My guilty pleasure.......
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
.....Bonnie Tyler's "Total Eclipse Of The Heart" [Embarrassed]

I just saw this mentioned by Isis in another post about annoying songs, and it brought the memories flooding back!

A majestic rock opera crammed into a 5 minute song, and possibly the most pretentious, ridiculous, bewildering and downright stupid video ever made.....and yet I am strangely drawn to it - powerless to resist it's ludicrous charms!! All billowing curtains and bad choreography, while Bonnie bellows her lungs out like her life depended on it - completely unaffected by the nonsensical chaos going on around her! Who can forget the "terrifying" glowing eyes - stolen straight from the Kiss video for "Creatures Of The Night" - and apparently applied by a make up artist using a shovel and wearing a blindfold! And not forgetting my favourite scene, where one of the angelic choir boys "magically" flies through the air, with all the special effects savvy of a primary school nativity play!

Oh Bonnie - thank you, thank you, thank you [Big Grin]

Turn around bright eyes.......

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that is probably my favorite 80s song.

[ 01. September 2005, 08:51: Message edited by: mamamiasweetpeaches ]

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't actual mind the song...but there is something about it that sends chills up my spine...and the video with all those young boys with "bright eyes"...there is something very creepy about it. It was so over played too, I think that's what drove me crazy about it.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Smayt Shatner
Rewind Shaft -Can u dig it?
Member # 1500

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Smayt Shatner   Email Smayt Shatner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you checked out the version of Total Eclipse that is is the film OLD SCHOOL.Its during Franks wedding reception and is absolutely hilarious.
Posts: 1201 | From: under everyone's bed...watching and waiting. | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha I love this song!

See I don't rememeber the video that well cause...I was young and we went back and forth having MTV.

But I do rememeber my mom had the album I can remember the album cover very clear....and i'd sit in front of her record player...put on the big heavy plastic headphones that were bigger then my head and play Eclipse over and over and sing so loud.
I thought the headphones made me a rockstar. [Smile]

Smayt the use in Old School was sooooo funny. One of the funnier bits of the movie.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That video did suck.
And somehow when your a kid that can just about ruin a song for you! I remember loving the song and seeing the video and being very put off by how bad it was. I still love the song though.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
But I do rememeber my mom had the album I can remember the album cover very clear....and i'd sit in front of her record player...put on the big heavy plastic headphones that were bigger then my head and play Eclipse over and over and sing so loud.
I thought the headphones made me a rockstar.

So totally remember the big headphones that when I am listening to music it doesn't seem quite right if I don't have great big headphones. Remember how great it was to disappear into your own world of music????????
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Turnaround Bright Eyes

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

A few more of those lasers and she could be Max Headroom's sister.

WE are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home