iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » What's with this site?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's with this site?
GoldTransAM
Master Rewinder
Member # 2973

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for GoldTransAM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some days I can get on with no problems and other days it's comes up can't find or no such site.
Posts: 191 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be honest, we're not sure at the moment. Personally I've not had any issues, but I very much doubt that it's because I sign in as an Administrator. But I do know that some people have intermittent problems connecting.

We're looking into it with our hosting company, and if there's any resolution that they can implement we'll let people know. It does seem to be the same peole having the issues, though - which could mean it's your ISP rather than ours. It might be worth checking to see if they have any content filters on that over-ride your personal settings, and that these filters don't block our site in any way (you never know - they might read some of the less polite posts from people that are no longer part of the Rewind family!)

Paul

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well...Jules can't get on and hasn't been able to for weeks. Neither can Sam Hain...I figure I should mention him...I know he really misses it here, and it probably does suck not to be able to come on...I know I'd want someone to mention it for me, if it were me...so I know he hasn't been able to get on for weeks now either.

I would say there's more people that it has happened to...we just wouldn't know...because they might not post often, and nobody would know them well enough to have their email address, or know there was even a problem.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I usually sign on through AOL but most of the time AOL won't let me on the page. I end up going in through Internet Explorer and that always works. I actually called AOL and told them about the problem and the tech support tried to get on the Rewind and he couldn't either. He had no idea why AOL was blocking it. He said he would let his supervisor know and that they'd work on it. Just thought I'd let you know.
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cindy I think AOL is blocking this site because of all The Hugga Bunch talk. [Wink]

Sam & Jules are you reading Cindy's Post..it might work for you as well.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well they can't read it, but maybe if one of their friends would send them an e-mail with Cindy's details about how she logs on, it might help them.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm also a user who has problems connecting to this site from time to time. Sometimes for a few hours, other times a few days....
Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only problem I ever have getting on is when I get this message about something being full...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every once in a while I will have trouble getting in because it says that the server is down. Do you have a particular rewind page added to your favorites list. If not try that and you will click on the same link every time that you come in.

If I have ever had trouble getting on it just for a day or so. I know it is difficult I am glad that I am not one that has that problem alot. It also maybe some kind of firewall settings in your computer. Anyway that is what my computer guy told me.

Tough it out!!!!!!!!! None of the mods don't want anyone to be able to get on here. They do an awesome job on this site.

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home