iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Swimming Pool Music of the 80s

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Swimming Pool Music of the 80s
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay I went to a water park today with my son and some friends. While I was sitting there sunbathing and all of the sudden Pat Benatar's "We Belong" came on, then "Too Shy", then Prince's "Let's Go Crazy". All of the sudden I felt like it was about 1987 and I was back at my hometown swimming pool. I wish they would have played that music all day long. It is something about a setting like that and music that can just transport you back in time. I was definately transported back only now I am a mom, a few pounds heavier and more self conscious about walking around in a bathing suit. All in all swimming pool days are still a blast, now I just have a little one to chase after!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missie
MadonnaWannabee
Member # 2186

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Missie   Author's Homepage   Email Missie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, the entire Def Lep album Pyromania....my best friend Jennifer and I would lay out by the pool and listen to that tape. I remember (this is so lame) that we each had a boom box and a copy of the album on cassette, and we wanted it REALLY loud, so we tried (LOL) to synchronize playing the tape on each boom box at the same time...it obviously didn't work.

Missie

Posts: 432 | From: Burbank, CA | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Moving In Stereo by The Cars? [Wink]
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recall one summer where we had the first two Billy Idol albums, the S/t'd one and rebel yell on continula play. Also Oingo Boingo's debut, Only a Lad is a pretty cool poolside album.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ones that come to mind for me: "I've Had the Time of My Life," Richard Marx's "Hazard," DeBarge's "Who's Johnny?", and any classic Monkee song ("Pleasant Valley SUnday most notably).
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm getting a bunch of CD's ready as we speak even though it isn't oficially summer yet. I'm looking at Adam Ant's Kings of the Wild Frontier, Bow wow wow and the Belle Stars as some good summer extensive play music.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You need "Suddenly Last Summer-The Motels

Songs that remind me of summer ...are:

Love is Like a Rock-Donnie Iris

Keep on Loving You-REO Speedwagon

Rock On- Michael Damien

Ain't No Cure for the Summertime Blues

Heart and Soul-T'Pau

Wildside-Motley Crue

Wipe Out-The Fat Boys

Waiting for a Star to Fall-Boy Meets Girl

Sing Me Away-Night Ranger

Teen Angel Eyes-Tommy Tutone

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home