iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » A GOOD HEART - FEARGAL SHARKEY

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A GOOD HEART - FEARGAL SHARKEY
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another i suspect wasnt a huge hit around the rest of the world, although I could be wrong. Huge hit here in the UK with 16 weeks on the chart.

I've actualy seen Feargal in recent years, he drink in a pub in Muswell Hill, London. Doesnt have the floppy hair look anymore...

A GOOD HEART - 16/11/1985
2 weeks at #1

I hear a lot of stories
I suppose they could be true
All about love
And what it can do to you
High is the risk of striking out
The risk of getting hurt
And still, I have so much to learn

I know, 'cause I think about it all the time
I know that real love is quite a vice

And a good heart these days is hard to find (a good heart)
True love, the lasting kind
A good heart these days is hard to find
So please be gentle with this heart of mine

My expectations may be high
I blame it on my youth
Soon enough I learned the painful truth
I'll face it like a fighter
Then boast of how I've grown
Anything is better than being alone

Well I know, 'cause I learn a little every day
I know, 'cause I listen when the experts say

That a good heart these days is hard to find (a good heart)
A good heart these days is hard to find (ooh)
So please be gentle with this heart of mine, yeah

Hey

As I reflect on all my childhood dreams
My ideas of love weren't as foolish as they seemed
If I don't start looking now, I'll be left behind
And a good heart these days, it's hard to find

I know, it's a dream I'm willing to defend
I know it will all be worth it in the end

A good heart these days is hard to find
So please be gentle with this heart of mine

(Ooh) a good heart these days is hard to find
So please be gentle with this heart
With this heart of mine

(Oh oh oh oh oh oh, a good heart)
(Ah, hey hey, a good heart)
(Oh oh oh oh oh oh, a good heart)
(Ah-ha ah-ha ah-ha, a good heart)
(Oh oh oh, keep it up, keep it up, keep it up)

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally I found another person! I love this song! There is nothing like this song to put me in the absolute BEST mood. Great post saint.
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now you're posting! [Smile]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saint_in_London
Master Rewinder
Member # 2575

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Saint_in_London   Email Saint_in_London   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, its got a good tune and some great lyrics.

If anyone wants to go look for Mr Sharkey, if your in London or when your in London. I have seen him a number of times in a pub about five minutes walk from East Finchley tube station, left out of the tube and its the pub on the corner by the traffic lights!! ;o)

Posts: 226 | From: London, England | Registered: Apr 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Missie
MadonnaWannabee
Member # 2186

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Missie   Author's Homepage   Email Missie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has been one of my favourite songs since it was released over here! I have the record and the cd that it is on. [Smile]

I am surprised to know anyone else knows it! LOL

Another good song is Digging Your Scene by The Blow Monkeys. Not many people know that one, either.

Missie

Posts: 432 | From: Burbank, CA | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember a good heart getting some air and video play in Canada back in the day. Funny, but i was flabergasted when I found out in the 90's, that Feargal was actually the singer of Irishpop-punk band the Undertones. If someone talks to him again in a pub, ask him why he didn't want to get involved in the most recent Undertones reunion.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat27
Master Rewinder
Member # 3979

1 Update

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kat27     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where do we buy Mr Sharkey's music these days? I fear that the transition to CD's left fergal and many others like him in limbo. xoxox
Posts: 327 | From: Australia | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 1  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home