iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Styx

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Styx
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do any of you guys like pomp-rock kings STYX?

They're one of my all time fave bands, and still do it for me after all these years. Anyway, I'm going to see them tonight for the first time ever, on their first UK tour for TWENTY ONE YEARS!!! [Eek!]

I'm just about as happy as a pig in sh*t! [Big Grin]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J. Chance
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4217

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J. Chance   Email J. Chance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Styx! I saw them at an outdoor concert a few years ago with REO Speedwagon and a lightning storm started up in the distance, making an awesome backdrop. It looked like they were calling down the lightning with their music. People went nuts. It was my fave concert ever.
Posts: 77 | From: Up north | Registered: Jun 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haha for the last three days, I've been cruising from work with Domo Arigato blasting. I get awesome looks.
Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Styx stinks
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would have been wittier if you had wrote
"Styx stynx!"

I like em...but not EVERYTHING they do. My best friend really likes them, everything, full catalog...I like about 5 or 6 songs.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ali_with_an_i
Rewind Icon
Member # 27

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Ali_with_an_i   Author's Homepage   Email Ali_with_an_i   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, that woulda been funny. I don't mind some of theri songs but Dennie De Young or whatever his name is, didn't realize that his band was a rock n roll band. I guess they hated him for the songs he made them play.
Posts: 2242 | From: Here | Registered: Aug 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The whole band basically all hated the "Kilroy Was Here" album but for some reason Dennis DeYoung had to much power in the band and more less made them play that stuff and have a stupid stage show to go along with the album.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah..according to their VH1 Behine The Music jammy the one guy wanted to rock out and the other guy wanted to do love songs for his wife.
I usually find myself falling "off" liking a band when everything they do is a ballad. Ballads are okay but not really what a pumped out sold-out arena is looking for. When you go to a concert you want the rockin stuff.
Now that Im a grown up I like stuff like "Renegade"...but I will admit when I was a little kid I liked stuff like "Babe"

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks all of you for the comments. Having now experienced live STYX, I can honestly say they were one of the best live bands I've ever seen (and I've seen hundreds) - absolutely awesome!

It was a full-on ROCK show (no ballads), and the crowd went ballistic. To emphasise how much the band wanted to tear it up, they didn't even play "Babe"......which is the only hit single they've ever had in the UK! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GoldTransAM
Master Rewinder
Member # 2973

13 Updates!

- posted      Profile for GoldTransAM         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the orignal STYX in concert on the following tours:
The Grand Illusion
Pieces Of Eight
Cornerstone
Paradise Theatre

Posts: 191 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Jul 2004 | Site Updates: 13  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Styx too, I would love to see them in concert.
Have a great time!

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mamamiasweetpeaches wrote:
quote:
It would have been wittier if you had wrote "Styx stynx!"
I agree. I hated Shtyx...er, I mean, Styx. [Mad]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're a mid-level band for me. I hold "Come Sail Away" in high regard.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home