iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Going to see QUEENSRYCHE & JUDAS PRIEST tonight

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Going to see QUEENSRYCHE & JUDAS PRIEST tonight
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OW!
Actually the concerts outside and Im pretty sure we;re gonna have thunderstorms on and off but I'm going anyway.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so jealous right now.

Guilty of one of the seven deadly sins.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, because I got stuck in traffic I missed QUEENSRYCHE (who only played for an hour. Whats that all about?) but I got there in time for JUDAS PRIEST. Wow! I dont think I have to tell you guys how amazing they were. Rob Halfored moves really slow (not one to bust a move. hahaha) but that voice is just incredible.
They opened with Hellion/ Electric Eye and did stuff like Exciter, Breaking The Law, Beyond The Realms Of Death, Turbo Lover, Living After idnight, Hellbent for Leather some new stuff and they closed with You Got Another thing Coming. Rob changed robes/ trench coats about 5 times. What a diva!
All in all a good show and I would definatley go see them again.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To bad about missing Queensryche. If there's one vocalist in metal who can beat halford it would have to be Geoff Tate.

I just hope Priest did Victim of Changes; the opening lines of that song showcases Halfords talents better than any of their other songs.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm seeing Queensryche in September. Not too hyper-pumped. Queensryche is one of my favourite bands, but Degarmo quit 5 years ago, and Tate lost his voice about a decade ago.
Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
yes they did Victim Of Changes.
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
BY the way: How did they tell the new guy (Ripper) he had to leave?
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow i just found this old thread...i was at that show last summer! it was Awesome! [Wink] ~
Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for AnGeLEyeZ   Email AnGeLEyeZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
STARLAND BALLROOM
Friday, March 24, 2006 · Doors 7:30PM

Titans of Tribute IV
Featuring Queen Of The Ryche (Queensryche), British Steel (Judas Priest) and Sanctuary (Iron Maiden). An all-ages to enter, 21 to drink event.
Titans Of Tribute IV rocks Starland on Friday with tributes to Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Queensryche. Tickets are on sale now via Ticketmaster.

...im going to this it should be a good time!

Posts: 192 | From: NJ JerzShoreBaby! | Registered: Feb 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

sounds like a good one
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
That sounds pretty cool.
In the summertime they have boats that go out with cover bands on them (NYC: I think the boat is called ROCK NEVER STOPS) Last summer I saw the BLACK SABBATH tribute band and the LED ZEPPELIN tribute band. They were pretty good!

mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Now that we bumped this topic up I juts wanna remind everyone that OPERATION MINDCRIME 2 is coming out soon which means QUEENSRCHE tour!

Anyone know anything about PRIEST? I wonder if they'll be coming around again this year.

AnGeLEyeZ
Master Rewinder
Member # 4595

Member Rated:
not sure but id like to know too [Big Grin]
so far i only have tickets for Slayer!
 -

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home