iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE CONCERT YOU SAW BACK IN THE 80S (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE CONCERT YOU SAW BACK IN THE 80S
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me it was my first back in 1988 at the tender age of 10 i got to go see DEF LEPPARD on there HYSTERIA tour.What a experience at age 10 i saw naked boobies for the first time and a great concert i will never froget.Saw this site and it brought back some good memories http://www.defleppardfrequency.homestead.com/TimelineHysteria.html#anchor_18751

CAPTAIN RHODES

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, that explains alot!!
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha, rhodes...what a site at the tender age of ten..haha you are NUTS! [Wink] [Eek!] [Razz]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine was right at the very end of the 80's - I saw Roxette at Festival Hall in Melbourne in 1989.
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rhodes
Ace Rewinder
Member # 3293

- posted      Profile for rhodes   Email rhodes       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes RONNIE thats what my phych doc tells me,i think the topless girl a few rows down was ISIS [Big Grin]

CAPTAIN RHODES

Posts: 434 | From: nevada | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HipsterMom27
Rewind Jedi
Member # 2161

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HipsterMom27   Email HipsterMom27   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a great time at a Bob Seger show in '86...not my cup of tea per se, but we had 4th row seats and it was just plain good ole rock 'n roll!
Posts: 1019 | From: NYS | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
when I was about 15 I was hanging out with my friends at a neighborhood park. A few of us went for a walk for beer (yes...at 15...oh shut up...) and when we got back a bunch of my friends were freaking out waving tickets at me. A guy had come to the park to meet someone he was supposed to sell WHITESNAKE,MOTLEY CRUE tickets to and the guy never showed up so he said "When that girl in the leather jacket gets back just give em to her". And strange fate: MOTLEY CRUE was myu favorite band at the time!!!!
They were good seats too.
Later on in life I found out I actually KNEW the guy who was supposed to have bought the tickets. I never told him I was the one who got to go in his place!!!

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stu1984
Master Rewinder
Member # 3248

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for stu1984   Email stu1984   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
rhodes - very lucky [Big Grin]

i was born in 84 so i wouldnt of been old enough to see any bands in the 80's, but what sucks is that i will never get to see any of my favourite bands [Frown]

guns n roses
kiss
def leppard
bon jovi
posion
skid row
motley crue etc

Anyone ever seen any of the above bands ?? if so i envy you.

Posts: 226 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Out of those bands:I saw KISS twice,DEF LEPPARD once.BON JOVI once,POISON twice, SKID ROW once and MOTLEY CRUE twice.
Keep your eyes open MOTLEY CRUE should be comin around (all 4 original members) in 2005. I know Brett Michaels is touring to promote a solo effort (he's playing in a club in Long Island a few nights from now.
And I think I heard BON JOVI's comin around soon.
(* ALSO SCORPIONS with TESLA touring soon)
So you should check ticketmaster every once and awhile and make sure you dont miss em.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never went to a concert in the 80's. But in the past few years I got to see Journey, and this summer I saw REO Speedwagon, and they were both great.

Rhodes...I like Def Leppard, but not that much, but if you thought it was me, then I am so glad I had such a profound impact on your childhood. [Razz]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some good rockin' choices there folks!

And Stu1984 - I've seen all the bands you mentioned at least a couple of times, back in the day, and have actually seen Skid Row 3 times - supporting Bon Jovi, G n R and Motley Crue! Bizarre ar what?!

Check out my website (shameless plug - I know, I know....!!) and you'll find a list of every gig I've ever been to - even the appalling ones! [Big Grin]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok well this might age me in the opposite direction but the only concert I went to in the 80's was Sharon, Lois and Bhram The Elephant Show... terrible isn't it??? But I do really remember wanting to see New Kids on the Block really, really bad. But I didn't get to see them [Frown] But in the 90's I did see Eddie Money 4 times in concert??? lol Now that is pretty sad... [Razz]
Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I LOVE Eddie Money Tres!!!!

I have now clue on the Sharon, Lois, Bhram and the Elephant thing, but since you admitted it...I guess I will admit that the only concert I went and saw was The VOGUES in the 80's. It was at a Christmas party for my boyfriend's company party.

I actually LOVED them, so did Drew Carey cause he used 5 o'clock world in the opening for his show, so that is pretty cool, right??

Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about favorite concert that you missed in the 80s. I was in 6th grade and Night Ranger came to our little town. I so remember wanting to go to it, Sister Christian was really popular then.

The only other people that have come to our little town for concerts have been Kenny Chesney--which I actually got to see back in '98--Tanya Tucker who ended up canceling because she broke her tooth, Roy Clark, BJ Thomas, Andy Griggs and Jessica Andrews--with the Kenny Chesney concert. There were some more but I can't remember all of them.

Oh I did get to see Peter Cetera in concert back in '95. I really have liked his solo career a lot. I loved the duet he did with Crystal Bernard (Helen from Wings)--I Wanna Take Forever Tonight!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kenny Chesney is not only talented, but loyal too. He would play anywhere, big or small, if he knew there was a true fan.

I never got to go to a big concert in the '80s, only local garage band parties, which can be very entertaining, especially when your dad is the singer.

Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Summerof85
Rewind Curious
Member # 3480

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Summerof85   Author's Homepage   Email Summerof85   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw Duran Duran three times, Powerstation, Culture Club...my very first concert, back in 1984 was Rick Springfield and the only reason why I went was because the opening act was Corey Hart! But the best concert? Has to be Springsteen back in 1988, Tunnel of Love Express Tour, opening night, eighth row from the stage...it was worth standing in 14 degree weather for eight hours and wearing a wristband for a whole week!
Posts: 2 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Giancarlo
Master Rewinder
Member # 2774

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Giancarlo   Email Giancarlo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was definitely Madonna's who's that girl tour.I was 12 and see her performance at the peak of her success at the Garden was amazing.A night I'll never forget.
Posts: 119 | From: ITALY | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My favorite concerts in the 80's would have been Kiss and Dokken or AC/DC and Queensryche.

Also saw Kiss another time, Loverboy, Ratt and Bon Jovi, Ratt again Poison was supposed to open for them but another commitment forced them to cancel a few days before the concert and thats when Poison first started to get big, Judas Priest and Kick Axe.

In the 90's I only saw the Kiss reunion show which was better than any of the shows I saw in the 80's.

I also saw an all day show that featured Head East, Iron Butterfly, Foghat, Molly Hatchet, Cheap Trick, REO Speedwagon and I believe one other band.

In the 00's My favorite concert would have been Poison, Cinderella and Faster Pussycat. I also saw Def Leppard and Joan Jett; and Blue Oyster Cult and Foghat.

I'm due to go see another good concert.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SouthernKat
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3239

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for SouthernKat   Author's Homepage   Email SouthernKat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,

Yes, it is dating myself, but during Labor Day weekend 1982 I saw a concert with The Go Go's and Flock of Seagulls at King's Island in Cincinnati.

It doesn't get more '80's than that!!

SouthernKat

Posts: 51 | From: Altamonte Springs Florida | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
SouthernKat-you probably were standing next to ValleyCat and didn't even know it- [Eek!]
JeffSpicoli
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 2247

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JeffSpicoli   Email JeffSpicoli   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see...hmmm My very first concert I went to was Def Leppard Pyromania Tour..nah that wasn't it. Then the first time I saw Rush (Grace Under Pressure) and Van Halen (1984) concert. Tough call... I give it to Rush! They have been my favorite band for over 20 years now. Nothing like the first time you get to see your favorite band in action..in person as a teenager.
Posts: 23 | From: Nashville, TN | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went ape-**** in the hair-metal phase. dont I dont regret a single concert that I went to. These are the bands that I saw: Warrant(5 times), Poison (4), KISS (2), Lit, Tesla, Whitesnake, Winger(2), Cinderella, Bulletboys, Crue, Slaughter
Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Master Rewinder
Member # 3527

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Groups that I have seen:

G N R/Metallica
Kings X/AC-DC
Tesla/Poison
Warrant/Poison(twice)
Poison/Motley Crue
Warrant/Trixter/Firehouse
Damn Yankees/Poison
Kings X/AC-DC
Winger/Bulletboys/Cinderella
Winger/Slaughter/KISS
KISS reunion

Loved them all! Although Kings X made me pass out. Damn are they boring! But dont fret! I literally lost my glasses when 'you shook me all night long' was played and my banging was to much for my specs [Smile]

Posts: 248 | Registered: Nov 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The best concert went to in the 80s - probably still the best live gig I've seen - was a UK band called Nine Below Zero. They were an R'n'B band back when this meant Rhythm & Blues, and they were excellent - still one of my favorite bands today. If you ever get a chance, listen to their early stuff. Their website is HERE. Go to the Sound Booth link and pick up the samples - work up from the bottom!

- Paul

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duckie Dale Winton
Master Rewinder
Member # 3419

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Duckie Dale Winton   Author's Homepage   Email Duckie Dale Winton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richie - How can you call King's X boring?! Im mortified - they're one of the best live bands I've ever seen [Eek!] [Eek!]

I also saw 'em supporting AC/DC, and they did unfortunately go down like a lead balloon, but when headlining, they've been fantastic. "Out Of The Silent Planet" is one of my top 10 all time favourite LP's

I'm completely distraught! [Frown] [Frown]

Posts: 242 | From: Northampton, England | Registered: Oct 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home