iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Song of the Day--I Feel For You

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Song of the Day--I Feel For You
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes by Miss Chaka Kahn. I heard this on the 80's channel this evening and decided to talk a little bit about it. Now what is interesting about Chaka Kahn is that probablly until the early 90's I thought that this was the only song that she had done. You know kind of like a one hit wonder thing. Then I heard Ain't Nobody and I'm Every Woman. She really does have a powerful voice.

This particular song really shows her range and I love the CHaka chakakaca kahn everybody that all I want to do.......

What do you all think about Miss Kahn's rendention of this song?

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Part of JLP's post:
quote:
...Now what is interesting about Chaka Kahn is that probably until the early 90's, I thought that this was the only song that she had done. You know kind of like a one-hit wonder thing...
I guess you never heard of her 70's group that she was with...Rufus! [Smile]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyway, about the song itself, it's a great song, with Stevie Wonder playing the harmonica and Grandmaster Melle Mel doing the rap.

Prince wrote the song and originally sang it himself in the late 70's.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i never liked the song, i feel for you. but i remember the video had turbo and ozone from breakin, breakdancing all over the place...which i added the trivia section on the breakin 2 page in the smart menu [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jess, remember chaka kahn and rufus doing 'ain't nobody' from the breakin soundtrack? that is a good song. i also like 'through the fire' by chaka kahn.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Chaka Khan, and Ain't Nobody is one of my favorite songs ever.

I can't remember the video much for I feel for You, I thought it just showed her up close singing. I can't picture Turbo and Ozone in it at all, but I'd love to see it again.

I need to watch Breakin again soon.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCU
Master Rewinder
Member # 2851

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JCU   Email JCU   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's funny is that I first viewed this music video on Nickelodeon. Remember when Nick would show videos?
Posts: 115 | From: Northeastern PA | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While a good song, I actually prefer "This Is My Night" and "Chinatown" from the "I Feel For You" album. For a good ballad of hers', I like "Through The Fire" (and while several on here groove to Kanye West's sampling of it for the song about breaking his jaw, I say "fie" to that. Give me the original or give me death!)

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Well, maybe not death...Perhaps a Chinese massage instead.

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home