iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Best drummers (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Best drummers
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave Lombardo is tha man, but I also like Dave Grohl formerly of Nirvana and currently the Foo Fighters, Chad Smith of the Peppers, Bonham (of course), and the dude from Fear Factory (cant remember his name sorry) is pretty cool as well...
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ERIC 31:
See if you can get a copy of the Missing Persons video from the 1983 US Festival. It's awesome. Clear footage and they played in the afternoon so you can see everything. I got mine off eBay.

i have seen that on ebay, and i wanted to stake a stab at it, but i have never had my own account with ebay. i might try it, thanks for recommending it eric.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brode
Master Rewinder
Member # 3732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Brode   Author's Homepage   Email Brode   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike Portnoy
Neil Peart
Mark Zonder
Scott Rockenfield
Jukka

Posts: 267 | From: Manitoba | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CT, you rule!! Gina Shock is awesome. I also like Tommy Lee (the Crue are insane) and Tory Castellano of The Donnas [Smile] ! She looks so cute behind the drums with her hair flying everywhere.
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought all The Donnas called themselves Donna just like all the Ramones called themselves Ramone.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ERIC 31
Senior Rewinder
Member # 1793

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for ERIC 31   Author's Homepage   Email ERIC 31   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
CT, you rule!! Gina Shock is awesome. I also like Tommy Lee (the Crue are insane) and Tory Castellano of The Donnas [Smile] ! She looks so cute behind the drums with her hair flying everywhere.

For sure! I'm a huge fan of the Go-Go's AND The Donnas. Torry is just awesome live, all sticks and flying hair! Don't miss them on tour this year!
Posts: 87 | From: NOR CAL | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, as far as good female drummers, i'd say sheila e is a damn good percussionist (sp). she appears on many latin albums that i have and watched her touring with prince at times-she is great.

i also like a more current band called the walkmen..their drummer matt barrick is pretty fun to watch.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

just thought i'd share....

terry bozzio's drum kit:
 -

extraordinary.

LONNIE
Senior Rewinder
Member # 3934

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for LONNIE   Email LONNIE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
of course the original drummer in the fyfe and drum band in the revolutionary war. Neil Pert is the best who else plays a double bass and the fact that he is still playing throughout all these years says even more. The Who is my favorite but Keith Moon all he did was trash his drum sets and make a fool of him self.
Posts: 91 | From: ohio | Registered: Mar 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home