iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » 80s song remakes!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80s song remakes!
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which of your favorite 80s songs do you wish would be remade by your favorite artists of today. I would like to hear Missing You remade by Tim McGraw. Don't ask me why.

What would you like to see redone and by who???????????????

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh I would quite like to hear the Killers doing Just like heaven by the Cure, I think that would be cool.....unlike Britneys version of my perogative!!!!!

Also, I know I've said it before...but I wouldnt mind seein what the Darkness made of Jump by Van Halen.

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah that Britney version of My Perogative is to way out there for me.

I would like to see someone remake Waiting for A Girl Like You by Foreigner. Maybe Maroon 5. I really like them a lot. Their whole album is totally awesome!

Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the few modern-day artists I like is Pink, and I would like to see her tackle the Billy Idol song "Flesh For Fantasy". I could even picture a music video with Pink having a spiky blonde haircut, a skimpy pair of panties and that leather vest that exposes skin (what do they call it? You know what I'm talking about...Idol wore it in several of his videos).

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jlp937 wrote:
quote:
...I would like to see someone remake "Waiting for A Girl Like You" by Foreigner...
That song is going to be my next cover version!

Signed,
Marilyn Manson

[Smile]

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
John and Steve you guys are crazy!!!! YOu always make me laugh. I can totally see Pink doing Flesh for Fantasy--she has that gravelly kind of voice.

Marilyn Manson--hahahahahahahahaha--can you see him/it doing any kind of slow song? I DON"T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hey now what about Hillary Duff doing some Debbie Gibson remakes?? I think that Hillary is kind of like the Debbie of the 80s today.

What about P. Diddy doing a remake of "Don't You Forget About Me"?????

I really did like the Gwen Stefani version of It's My Life--don't you forget!! Now that did rock. I bet over the next five years we are going to really see some remakes coming out of the woodwork!

Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
John and Steve you guys are crazy!!!! YOu always make me laugh. I can totally see Pink doing Flesh for Fantasy--she has that gravelly kind of voice.

Marilyn Manson--hahahahahahahahaha--can you see him/it doing any kind of slow song? I DON"T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hey now what about Hillary Duff doing some Debbie Gibson remakes?? I think that Hillary is kind of like the Debbie of the 80s today.

I really did like the Gwen Stefani version of It's My Life--don't you forget!! Now that did rock. I bet over the next five years we are going to really see some remakes coming out of the woodwork!

rocksteadyflamethrower

80s Movie Guru
Member # 1065

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for rocksteadyflamethrower   Email rocksteadyflamethrower   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jlp937:

You're joking, right? You're a child of the 80s and you like that clown who, despite being a child of the 80s himself, is pure 90s to his core?

HIM? All he'd do is have another singer perform it and he'd go "Uh-huh, Hell yeah, Uh-huh, Hell yeah!".

I know rap is based on sampling, but artists like Afrika Bambaata were subtle about it. P. Diddy probably thinks subtlety is one of the girls he slept with in the last 5 hours.

He's the master of the obvious sample. (Bleep) P. Diddy...(BLEEP) HIM RIGHT IN THE EAR!

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...The Rock Steady Flamethrower

EDIT:

Sorry for being so rough, jlp, but I have a history with the man's music and it ain't a pretty one. His greatest musical successes were happening around the same time some of my greatest personal distress was occuring, and when you combine hate and distress, run like Hell.

[ 15. November 2004, 20:06: Message edited by: rocksteadyflamethrower ]

Posts: 1545 | From: Greenwood Lake, New York, USA | Registered: Jul 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
I guess you couldn't detect my sarcasm in my last post on here. I am NOT a fan of P. Diddy, I was trying to think of a song that there is no way he would match up with. There is no way he could do that song any justice. Okay, so yes I was definately joking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is another one for you--hahahahaha---Lyle Lovett doing "Melt with YOu"

Okay I may just be making fun of my own topic here but that is okay because it is mine. Does anyone else want to join in.

The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya'll are hysterical.

I'd love to hear Korn do "I Ran (So Far Away)".

Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought about this for a while, and I finally came up with - "Send me an angel" covered by Coldplay
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
Stitch is Send me an Angel your favorite song???
TresFoxy
Rewind Maestro
Member # 542

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TresFoxy   Email TresFoxy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know jlp, once you said that Hilary Duff is like today's Debbie Gibson it made me think of Lindsay Lohan as the next Tiffany so I guess another remake of "I think were alone now" would be a good choice as well. I mean she did just come out with her own CD as well. It is soo funny how history repeats itself!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 808 | From: MI, USA | Registered: Feb 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home