iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Tears For Fears

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tears For Fears
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, almost. It's us actually, playing my current favorite song, Everybody Wants To Rule The World, at our local festival recently.

Enjoy some eighties musical goodness!

Riser play Tears For Fears

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Farout!
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Tears For Fears! [Big Grin]
Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Chloe:
I love Tears For Fears! [Big Grin]

Did you like the youtube clip above?
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul you ever done any gigs down my neck of the woods?

I love Tears For Fears it's a great number to cover!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
Paul you ever done any gigs down my neck of the woods?

I love Tears For Fears it's a great number to cover!

We've played at a couple of weddings around Dartford area, that's about as close as we've come to Canterbury - a city I know well, as I have family pretty much surrounding you (Whitstable, Dover, Folkestone, Deal) so go through there often.

And yes, I love playing this track, but it's surprising that I've never heard any other band cover it. Always gets a great reaction when we play it, the first time we did in our local pub, we genuinely had some jaws drop at the opening riff...

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah you obviously hear loads of songs being covered by different groups over the years but I don't think I've ever heard Everybody Wants To Rule The World covered by anyone before either and considering how popular the track is that comes as quite some surprise!

Do you do any other Tears For Fears tracks?

Talking of Canterbury Paul they've got Bryan Adams in concert at Canterbury Cricket ground tomorrow and they've had some high profile bands there over the last year and a bit,first they had Elton John who I could hear from my house which is a couple of mile away,then Madness which I believe completely sold out,the other month Simply Red and then tomorrow Bryan Adams!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

quote:
Originally posted by the young warrior:
Yeah you obviously hear loads of songs being covered by different groups over the years but I don't think I've ever heard Everybody Wants To Rule The World covered by anyone before either and considering how popular the track is that comes as quite some surprise!

Do you do any other Tears For Fears tracks?

Talking of Canterbury Paul they've got Bryan Adams in concert at Canterbury Cricket ground tomorrow and they've had some high profile bands there over the last year and a bit,first they had Elton John who I could hear from my house which is a couple of mile away,then Madness which I believe completely sold out,the other month Simply Red and then tomorrow Bryan Adams!

No other Tears For Fears tracks, but there are a number of other 80s tracks we cover:

Don't You Forget About Me - Simple Minds
The One And Only - Chesney Hawkes
Hungry Like The Wolf - Duran Duran
Faith - George Michael
Wake Me Up (Before You Go Go) - Wham
500 Miles - The Proclaimers
Centerfold - J Geils Band
Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen
Echo Beach - Martha and the Muffins
Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic – The Police
Glory Days - Bruce Springsteen
Livin' On a Prayer - Bon Jovi
Turning Japanese - The Vapors
Baggy Trousers - Madness
Summer of 69 - Bryan Adams
Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel
Should I Stay Or Should I Go - The Clash

So a fair mix... [Smile]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
A good selection there Paul of some very popular 80s songs,anyone in particular seems to really get the crowd going?

You've got one of my wifes favourite 80s tracks in Duran Duran 's Hungry Like A Wolf so she'd certainly be happy!

P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Faith if the ladies are in the house, 500 miles if enough beer has been supped, or Should I Stay Or Should I Go, partly because we run into it from Chelsea Dagger...
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Tears for Fears, Everybody Wants to Rule the World is my favorite song. I have had it as my ring tone before. I just recently watched Real Genius again which is where I fell in love with the song originally. I also really like One Night Love Affair by Bryan Adams.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
One Night Love Affair is a great song Jessie and is one of my favourite Bryan Adams tracks and though some people probably think it's a little bit soppy I also really like his ballad Heaven.
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally had the chance to check this one out and it´s not bad at all. You have a good vocalist there!

Btw, it´s my one thumb up there [Smile]

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home