iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Friday The 13th Pt. VIII Intro Song

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Friday The 13th Pt. VIII Intro Song
CrashesParties n TheValley
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! What a killer song! The Darkest Side Of The Night by METROPOLIS I have not seen this movie in years i dont own it on dvd so when it was on tv of course i had to watch. The moment this song started to play i was hooked. Anybody else a fan of this song?
Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the tune!

My brother has it on cd.
You can find it on the fantastic Peter Fredette / Stan Meissner album The Power of the Night (1999).

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for CrashesParties n TheValley   Email CrashesParties n TheValley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
I love the tune!

My brother has it on cd.
You can find it on the fantastic Peter Fredette / Stan Meissner album The Power of the Night (1999).

-

Sweet! Dude i downloaded this song and this is the album cover artwork picture they gave me

-

Posts: 2221 | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, i believe that it´s the Japan pressing cover art.
The other one is from the European MTM records release.
Anyway, it´s a classic aor track!

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
I see you have some good taste in music too dude [Cool]
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
got the manfredini score box set (1-6) really like it. i will youtube this one.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was the second AOR band featured on a Friday the 13th Soundtrack that slipped by me that I ended up liking. The first was the band FM who had a couple songs in part 7.

[ 26. October 2012, 14:53: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rewind Mobster
Member # 2903

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Pyro:
This was the second band featured on a Friday the 13th Soundtrack that slipped by me that I ended up liking. The first was the band FM who had a couple songs in part 7.

Dude! I just checked out FM (Magic) In Your Eyes & Just Like You on youtube.. And i was blown away those songs are great and Totally 80s! I cant believe i didnt know about these guys.
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, those are both excellent songs. The tricky thing about this though is that there are actually two different bands both called FM. The Canadian band, who formed in the mid 70's did the song "Just like You". While the counterpart band, also called FM, did the song "(Magic) in your eyes"; and also a few other rare songs from the Friday the 13th part VII soundtrack. This second band formed in the 80's and hails from the UK. Just some vital info to keep in mind in case you're trying to hunt down certain key songs or records from either of these bands.

[ 05. March 2013, 10:15: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah, that´s true. I own all the British FM studio albums
and especially the first two ones from the 80s are classics.
I love Canadian hard rock and AOR and the Canadian FM sounds good too.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home