iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Garfield's Halloween Special

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Garfield's Halloween Special
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. Hardly ever log on here anymore. Miss ya! I think Garfield's Halloween Special is one of my daughter's and my favorite holiday shows. The old man in the lake house creeps us out. "They know we're here... They know WHO.. YOU.. ARE!" Can't go wrong with Garfield holiday specials.

[ 15. October 2012, 09:57: Message edited by: The Horned King ]

Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Horned King   Author's Homepage   Email The Horned King   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And of course I listed it here in the Music Section because of the wonderful soundtrack. "What Should I Be, Oh, What Should I Be?" I mean, I sing that every Halloween.
Posts: 974 | From: Mel's Diner | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
Lou Rawls has an awesome voice, by the way. He provided the smoky sounding vocals for the jazzy Garfield songs.
The Horned King
Rewind Maestro
Member # 2691

Member Rated:
Except for "What Should I Be?" That was Lorenzo Music. His voice is the quintessential '80s cartoon voice for me. I know many people remember Smurfette or Cobra Commander's voice as their fave cartoon voice. I prefer good old Garf.
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Certainly all the Garfield specials were terrifically done and hold up well today. The Halloween special was certainly no exception. It's the perfect blend of humor (got to love the opening with the drowsy TV bumper giving way to Binky's high energy "HEEEEEEEEEEEYYY KIIIIIIIIDDDDSSS!!!") and suspense (agreed the (perhaps already dead) old man and the pirate ghosts are still a bit unnerving even now at age 30. Hopefully some network will pick it up again for broadcast in the near future.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home