iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Worst Lyrics of the 80's (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Worst Lyrics of the 80's
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the movie of the same name but yes those lyrics are beyond terrible as well as being terribly inaccurate.

I just read Paul's speal.....That is quite a hate column.

I have to admit that I used to really love that song when I was younger. I won't defend them because I know what you are saying but many good artists plagiarise stuff. Take Led Zep for example. They have many many many songs that are old blues songs that they blatantly copied and then credited themselves on their records as writing the songs but at the same time they are on of my favourite bands.

I actually can't stand Colplay but they got sued a couple years back for copying a Joe Satriani song.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KING 80'S:
Taking Care Of Business - Bachman-Turner Overdrive - " It's as easy as fishing to be a musician." Definately one of the worst lyrics I've heard.

And apparently the inspiration for the John Candy SCTV sketch, "Gill Fisher, the fishin' musician." [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey gordon i just read where you mentioned hanging tough before me, just call me johnny come lately
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home