iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Hair Metal Heaven

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hair Metal Heaven
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With hair so big that if they lay down these days they would probably need planning permission.
So much spray that they were largely considered a huge contributing factor to the hole in the O-Zone Layer.
And many of them couldn't distinguished if they were men or women, just take a look at the cover of Poison's debut album Look What The Cat Dragged In to see what I mean.
Having said that they wrote great song of high times, wild excess and fun living.

Here are some of my favourites.

Poison Every Rose Has Its Thorn

Motley Crue Dr. Feel Good

Cinderella Gypsy Road

Kiss I Wanna Rock & Roll All Night

Twisted Sister I Wanna Rock

Skid Row Youth Gone Wild

W.A.S.P. Wild Child

Firehouse All She Wrote

Ratt Dangerous But Worth The Risk

Danger Danger Naughty Naughty

What are some of yours? [Smile]

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All your picks are good except Poison [Big Grin]

I´m a big hard rock collector (with my bro) and there´s just too many favourites to mention.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vixen Edge of A Broken Heart

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQOmDUnt8Hs&ob=av2e

Hair every 80's girl aspired to [Smile]

Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:

I´m a big hard rock collector (with my bro) and there´s just too many favourites to mention.

You could mention one [Razz] , one you like instead of Poison [Big Grin]

Vixen of course, and the great Lita Ford. Looking at it now my list looks very sexist :-/ (no intended).

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My faves: It's Over Now by LA Guns and Miles Away by Winger. I loved hair metal!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like aTomik, I have a very large list of bands I like too. I'd be here all day if I tried listing them all. But here's some of my favorites that spring to mind right now.

Dio - Holy Diver

Ozzy Osbourne - Mr. Crowley

Scorpions - No One Like You

Alice Cooper - Poison

Cinderella - Nobody's Fool

Whitesnake - Slow & Easy

Van Halen - Panama

Metal Church - Badlands

Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast

Shake City - Betty Blue

Lita Ford - Kiss Me Deadly

Skid Row - 18 & Life

p.s. - I don't think most of my favorites can necessarily be catergorized under "Hair/Glam Metal" but they still had alot of hair, so my list stands..lol [Razz]

[ 21. January 2012, 20:20: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
Hey I love that too Pyro, but I thought I would start with the lighter stuff.

I like band's such a Megadeth, Slayer, Tankard, Sodom, Destruction, Kreator, Anthrax, Testament, Exodus Sacred Reich, Dark Angel, Death Angel, Demolition Hammer, Gama Bomb, GWAR, D.R.I., Forbidden, Hallowed, Lawnmower Deth, Acid Reign, Metal Duck, Virus, Sepultura, Suicidal Tendencies, Iron Maiden, Fast Kill, Dea, Morbid Angel, Cannibal Corpse, Dying Fetus, Warpath, Bolt Thrower, Immolation, Incantation, Suffocation, Mael Mordha, Visceral Attack, Mental Deficiency, Abbadon Incarnate, Putrefy, Carcass, Line Of Fire, Gorrotted and allot more as well.

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Hair every 80's girl aspired to [Smile]
... and some managed to achieve, eh Bam-Bam? [Wink]
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:

I'm with Atomik.... can't pick just a few. This is my favorite genre of music of all time. AND I'm not afraid to admit it!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home