iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Halloween (Spooky) Music Thread 2011 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Halloween (Spooky) Music Thread 2011
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Howdy Kids!

Well, might as well get this party going again and spin some more spooky music. This is not too hard for me considering this is the type of music I listen to on a regular basis..hehe.

Anyway, What are some of your favorite "Spooky" songs to listen to round this time of year?
Here's a random 10 song playlist of mine to get things rollin'. (bit of the old, bit of the new as usual):

1. Nox Arcana - Lair of the Vampire
2. SSQ - Tonight (We'll Make Love until we Die)
3. God Module - Spooky
4. Bauhaus - Stigmata Martyr
5. Los Straightjackets - "The Munsters" theme
6. Sisters of Mercy - Ribbons
7. Otep - House of Secrets/Suicide Trees
8. Rob Zombie - House of 1,000 Corpses
9. Rick James - Superfreak!
10. Diablo Swing Orchestra - Heroines

11. (Bonus Track): Syreeta Wright - Happy Birthday to Me..=)

Who's next???...

[ 31. August 2016, 08:58: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great topic.

I love all quirky, classic Halloween tunes. One of my faves...and it was used in Private School, is

Sam the Sham & the Pharoes - Little Red Riding Hood

Some cool, fun 80s songs I like adding to my playlist:

The Big O - Monster Mash (from Return Of The Living Dead II)

Pseudo Echo - His Eyes

Ramones - Pet Semetary

I also love listening to horror movie soundtracks, scores and VA.

Some of my favorites are Prince Of Darkness, Return Of The Living Dead, Halloween II & Christine.

Prince Of Darkness - Opening Credits

If you listen to Pandora, I recommend Monster Mash Radio. And Live365 has a great station called Musique Macabre...great mix! Lots of 80's stuff there. [Wink]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie .. I'll definitely be playing some of the score from "Halloween II" and "The Return of the Living Dead" on my boombox for the trick 'r treaters on Halloween night.

Here's a few more tunes I enjoy for Halloween (not necessarily spooky though):

Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
Cry Little Sister - Gerard McMann
Dead Man's Party - Oingo Boingo
Nightmares - A Flock of Seagulls
Crazy Train - Ozzy Osbourne
Halloween - Siouxsie and the Banshees
Scary Monsters - David Bowie
Ghost Town - The Specials
Werewolves of London - Warren Zevon
Bad Moon Rising - CCR
Welcome To My Nightmare - Alice Cooper
Creeps - Josie Cotton
Don't Fear the Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
How Soon Is Now? - The Smiths
Eaten By The Monster of Love - Sparks
Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division

These might be considered overplayed, but I still enjoy them:

The Haunted House of Rock - Whodini
Nightmare On My Street - DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a great playlist Valley..Love Psycho Killer & Scary Monsters.

Here's another song I've always loved listening to this time of year, hell..just in general. It's just such a great jungle beat track with a cool eerie vibe. [Cool]

FUN BOY THREE - THE LUNATICS HAVE TAKEN OVER THE ASYLUM (1982)

-

..and on a related note, The electronic/industrial group "COLLIDE" has a pretty trippy cover version of this song too, (the best cover I've heard of this song anyway).

COLLIDE - THE LUNATICS HAVE TAKEN OVER THE ASYLUM (2004)

-

[ 12. October 2011, 12:24: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pyro:
That's a great playlist Valley..Love Psycho Killer & Scary Monsters.

Here's another song I've always loved listening to this time of year, hell..just in general, this is a groovy little song... [Cool]

FUN BOY THREE - THE LUNATICS HAVE TAKEN OVER THE ASYLUM (1982)

-

Ooh never heard this but look at Terry Hall!!! He was such a moody little b---h during his time in The Specials!! Love them, love him!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah..funny thing, I have a nephew who looks almost exactly like him..and he has the same personality to boot..that's pretty scary in itself.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remind me to stay far away from your family reunions, Pyro. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Click album cover)

-

Sparks -- Armies of The Night

-

Autograph -- You Can't Hide From The Beast Inside

-

Felony -- (I'm No) Animal

-

Alice Cooper -- Teenage Frankenstein

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FEAR OF THE DARKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
alice cooper - man behind the mask
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Runnin' With The Devil - Van Halen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUYznEIkkJI&feature=related

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i own a shirt like the dave has
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Friday 13th 6 soundtrack is great
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
i own a shirt like the dave has

Post yourself wearing it in your profile pic [Razz]
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With Halloween tomorrow .. I'm thinking about trying out the Halloween Party station on Pandora while I'm working tomorrow.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Made a great Halloween mix on my ipod from all of your suggestions. Played it for all the trick r treaters tonight!
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Halloween: Don´t Metal with Evil (1985)

Great American metal!
Check out the video What a Nice Place, cool Halloween III soundtrack stuff in the beginning.

HALLOWEEN - What A Nice Place

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Been cruising around in my car today listening to:

-

An awesome album

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have The Number of the Beast lp my uncle bought back in ´83.
Can´t listen it in a car though [Cool]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
The record would be so cool.

If you made some mods to your car you could play the record. It would be hard keeping the needle down though when you go over bumps [Big Grin]

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
"Six..bump...six...the...bump...of the...bump..." [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
If anyone got into you're car you would have to tell them to get in the back seat. Your girlfriend complains that she has to sit in the back and you explain, do you want some tunes or not? Well then, in that case the record player rides shotgun [Big Grin]
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Thought I'd bump this thread from last Halloween and see if any of these year old tunes still hold up...
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
you know i was thinking that monster mash is one of those tunes that you could listen to anytime of year, yet it gets confined to the halloween season.
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pyro, I have a couple of suggestions for you.

They are David Palmer -- Silhouette.
Wall Of Voodoo -- The Far Side Of Crazy.

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home