iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Devo's Song of the Day 5 - Catch Me I'm Falling

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Devo's Song of the Day 5 - Catch Me I'm Falling
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

A young Devo used to watch the movie "Hiding out" all the time. I was totally in love with Annabeth Gish, I think it's the fact that she just always looked "obtainable". Regardless, this was the first time that I remember hearing the song "Catch Me I'm Falling" by Pretty Poison.

-

This song is great and oddly still holds up well. I bought it on Itunes recently and it sounds great. Download it today or listen to it here...
Catch me... I'm on Youtube. And I have Hiding Out in the video!!!!

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

The lead singers 80's afro is horrible.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devo,

Great choice! I have this on my iPod. Anytime I hear this song, I think about the fact that in April of 1989, Pretty Poison came to my town as the opening act for New Kids On The Block at a roller skating rink!! Unreal! There was maybe 500 people, if that, in attendance!

Unfortunately, I was receiving confirmation that night & was unable to attend the concert [Frown] . I'm still not quite over this one...lol! By November of 1989, the New Kids exploded & sold out The Spectrum in Philly and I sat in the nosebleed section pining away for Joey McIntyre.

Additionally, Pretty Poison was off the tour, replaced by Sweet Sensation & Dino, and secured their place in history as a one hit wonder.

Needless to say, I didn't catch them before they fell but I still love the tune! Thanks for posting!

[ 10. March 2011, 06:56: Message edited by: cindymancini ]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome tune from an underated movie "Hiding Out" .. whenever I hear this tune I associate it with the movie.

Vote For Max!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home