iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » So what is your favorite 80's song

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So what is your favorite 80's song
marshalbaker
Rewind Curious
Member # 9513

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for marshalbaker   Email marshalbaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The masses must be heard on this one.
Posts: 8 | From: MO | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the Rewind Marshal..

It is no secret that my favorite tunes is "Love My Way" by the Psychedelic Furs:

- (play)

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Waaaayyyyy too many to choose just one.

Early stuff by The Beat (a.k.a. The English Beat) such as Mirror In The Bathroom, Too Nice To Talk To, Twist And Crawl. Anything off of Madness's One Step Beyond album. Early Depeche Mode and Yazoo. 'Temptation' by Heaven 17. U2 before they got too commercial. Adam And The Ants. Anything played purely for the kick of making music, such as Altered Images or Bow Wow Wow. Stuff that stands out, like Big Country's 'In A Big Country' or OMD's 'Enola Gay'. Songs with their own style and feel, by bands like Scritti Politti, Soft Cell, or The Blow Monkeys. Stuff you listen to and are immediately taken back to when you first heard it, like Madonna's 'Holiday', or Small Town Boy, by Bronski Beat. The roughness of early Specials tracks. The smoothness and finesse of the New Romantics, or the raw energy of bands like Nine Below Zero, who you just have to see live to get the real feel.

There are many, many more. But to come up with just the one? Impossible.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tarzan Boy - Baltimora
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by P a u l:

Early stuff by The Beat (a.k.a. The English Beat) such as Mirror In The Bathroom, Too Nice To Talk To, Twist And Crawl. Anything off of Madness's One Step Beyond album. Early Depeche Mode and Yazoo. 'Temptation' by Heaven 17. U2 before they got too commercial. Adam And The Ants. Anything played purely for the kick of making music, such as Altered Images or Bow Wow Wow. Stuff that stands out, like Big Country's 'In A Big Country' or OMD's 'Enola Gay'. Songs with their own style and feel, by bands like Scritti Politti, Soft Cell, or The Blow Monkeys. Stuff you listen to and are immediately taken back to when you first heard it, like Madonna's 'Holiday', or Small Town Boy, by Bronski Beat. The roughness of early Specials tracks. The smoothness and finesse of the New Romantics, or the raw energy of bands like Nine Below Zero, who you just have to see live to get the real feel.

There are many, many more. But to come up with just the one? Impossible.

I love those choices. I just heard "Talk Talk" by the group "Talk Talk" on the album "Talk Talk" on Sirius-XM Radio the other day, and it took me right back to the day. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
^This^

To quote the movie that won the Oscar for 'Best Movie Ever Made':

"There *cannot* be only one"

quote:
I love those choices. I just heard "Talk Talk" by the group "Talk Talk" on the album "Talk Talk" on Sirius-XM Radio the other day, and it took me right back to the day. [Smile]
Same... there are several Talk Talk songs that create emotional time-travelling for me.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
too many choices, so i'll go with Eighties by Killing Joke.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spleus
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9533

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for spleus   Author's Homepage   Email spleus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no doubt Michal song I am bad is my best.
Posts: 16 | From: london | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hard to pick ust one...I think I can do top five:

1. Sweet Dreams - The Eurythmics
2. Billie Jean - Michael Jackson
3. It Doesn't Really Matter - Platinum Blonde
4. Sunglasses At Night - Corey Hart
5. Jump - Va Halen

Honorary Mention:

I Want A New Drug - Huey Lewis And The News
White Wedding - Billy Idol
Sunday Bloody Sunday - U2
Don't Walk Past - Blue Peter
Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper

And so so many more....

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home