iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » You're the DJ .. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: You're the DJ ..
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's all DJ an..

-

Here's how it works.. we each get to pick two tunes in a row to spin with the goal of keeping the flow of the thread going.

-

So think carefully about what you want to put on the turnable next..

-

I'll hopefully get the 80's Rewind Neon Dance Thread jamming with this tune..

- (click pic to play)

Now let's transition into this song, which with any luck will get folks dancing on the club speakers..

- (click pic to play)

So who's going to keep the dance floor vibe alive next?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought these two songs would mesh well on the turntable after yours Valley. I hope you agree.

The next one is a classic from 1983, from a band that has redefined the word resurrection:

- Play

And now from 1984 comes a song that is so special which has so much emotion, it can make a grown man cry. All you need to do is feel, but all you can do is dream:

- Play

[ 24. February 2011, 01:00: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nice thread Valley

Let's keep things rolling with this 88' jam:

George Michael - Monkey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c3EIltSelU&sns

then we can follow that up with this nifty lil dance ode to naughty thoughts

Cyndi Lauper - She Bop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up5jz8vTDTg&sns

[ 23. February 2011, 20:18: Message edited by: Pyromantic ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
still groovin'..

Trans X - Living On Video

-
Play

Billy Idol - Dancing With Myself
 -
Play

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow.. this thread is just awesome!

Well, there is no way that I would ever leave Ronnie just dancing with herself.. so I'm spinning this tune next:

- (play)

And here's a fav that will hopefully keep the dance vibe smokin'..

- (play)

Also, the DJs will be open for a few requests from folks that just don't have time to participate, but want to include two tunes to the mix. Just send me a PM.

[ 24. February 2011, 14:43: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gotta have some DM thrown in for good measure..

-

Depeche Mode - "StrangeLove"

and then throw in some crazy Oingo Boingo...

-
Oingo Boingo - "Only a Lad"

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley that Atomic single cover is my desktop right now weird!!!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
I just want to say how incredible this thread is to listen to!  

I've had my headphones on since I got to work this morning playing the thread tunes which I never do since I'm the boss that is suppose to be setting the example. 

So I guess it is time to reveal the rest of my plan..

I'm actually having a party this Saturday night at my house and I have this crazy idea of turning my basement into an 80's style techno dance club.  I've already decided that I'm going to attempt to recreate the playlist from this thread along with a projector that will cast 80's images on the techno dance floor wall. Also, I'm working on a way to play some of the music videos from this thread on the wall with 80's images placed in the mix as well.  

What do you think?

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Muffy Tepperman:
Valley that Atomic single cover is my desktop right now weird!!!

Another thing that is weird is the audio clip for Pop Muzik, which was recorded in the same city in Ausralia that I am currently in.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Yeah Valley, great idea. I have been going over the thread and playing the music too. It is great.
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that sounds like a blast Valley...wish I could be there for that. Hope it's a swingin shindig for ya. This is a pretty sweet playlist we got going here. Guess we should keep it going...

Here's my next 2 for cue:

Sly Fox - Let's Go All The Way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b29ik8iCtqU&sns

..and then....

Corey Hart - Sunglasses at Night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXDDUi9U8x0&sns

[ 24. February 2011, 16:13: Message edited by: Pyromantic ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
more music!!!

The Cars - Shake It Up
 -
Play

(always loved the video for shake it up!)

The Cure - Let's Go To Bed [Wink]
 -
Play

this is going to make a great mixed cd. keep them coming. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I was actually thinking about adding Shake it Up.
Got to love that Cure song. It's all class.

Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's 2 more....
 -
Vanity 6 - "Nasty Girl"
 -
Duran Duran - "Notorious"

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

thieving Veronica's idea...

more Oingo Boingo - Not My Slave

-
Play

..had to add my favorite Oingo Boingo song!

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

General Public - Tenderness

-
Play

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
in keeping with the upbeat nature of Ronnie's post above me. Here's a couple more I think will fit in good here to keep the party at full swing.

Madonna - Over & Over
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4f2uA4WpYE&sns

and...

Paula Abdul - The Way that You Love Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1Fn9tXwzsE&sns

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Well, this next tune is all about the love this thread is creating tonight..

- (play)

Just incase some of you have missed the subliminal messages from a few of the DJs of the female persuasion this evening .. this next tune is a reminder to stay safe on the dance floor..

- (play)

Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - "I Love Rock 'n Roll"

Flock of Seagulls - "Space Age Love Song"

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
couple more jams for y'all

Men Without Hats - Where Do the Boys Go?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T3N6a24A9I&sns

Comdo Audio - Romanticide
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1hyELu3yL4&sns

cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kim Wilde-Turn It On
 - Click to play

Icehouse-No Promises
 - Click to play

[ 24. February 2011, 19:59: Message edited by: cindymancini ]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

pyro - i love 'over and over!' and i am loving that extended mix of 'romanticide.' [Smile]

i have to throw in my very favorite..

B - Movie - Nowhere Girl
 -
Play

Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
Couple more...
 -

Jane Wiedlin - "Rush Hour"

-  

The Smiths - "Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before"

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
And now from Breakin' comes Shabba-Doo and Boogaloo Shrimp poppin and lockin to the beats, of There's No Stopping Us, and no one does it better.

Well maybe Pop N' Taco does

- Play

[ 24. February 2011, 21:21: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Bernie_Lomax:
And now from Breakin' comes Shabba-Doo and Boogaloo-Shrimp poppin and lockin to the beats, of There's No Stopping Us, and no one does it better.

Well maybe Pop N' Taco does

- Play

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home