iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Music Video of the Week (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Music Video of the Week
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Streets - Don't Look Back

From the super fantastic 2nd album Crimes in Mind (1985)

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cinnamon girl
Rewind Curious
Member # 9865

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cinnamon girl   Email cinnamon girl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
berlin
Posts: 5 | From: swamps of sadness | Registered: Jul 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The song that could have been a hint of what was to come had not their record company collapsed.

Moving Pictures -- What About Me?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzQKECQgjW8

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cinnamon girl
Rewind Curious
Member # 9865

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cinnamon girl   Email cinnamon girl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
daaang i totally forgot about that song!
Posts: 5 | From: swamps of sadness | Registered: Jul 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Accidentally saw this video and shouted "It´s Elizabeth Daily!" and yes it was.
Never seen this before (not a big RS fan [Smile] )

Rod Stewart - Young turks

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beloved by the Americans as much as by Australians.

Hoodoo Gurus -- What's My Scene?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cepSg0HswdE

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
zz top - rough boy

a space station car wash, it doesnt get any better than that

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know it's a good time when Lemmy's the driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebJ2brErERQ

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
W.A.S.P. - Scream Until You Like It
Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
Scream Until You Like It is a fun video.
The tune was originally performed by Only Child in ´88.
I´m going to watch few Ghoulies flicks soon.

aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Dexter Motley Morgan:
You know it's a good time when Lemmy's the driver.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebJ2brErERQ

Nice but here´s a classic Airbourne video featuring Lemmy driving a truck [Smile]

AIRBOURNE - Runnin' Wild / feat. Lemmy

thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer

I am not too much of a fan of the song but the video is great.

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire

Though the meaning of this song is still a mystery to me...Is it an Anti-War song or is it the answers to some random history school exam [Confused] IDK..but anyway, what's important is the music is still pretty catchy and the video is like an episode of The Wonder Years....looks like a winner to me [Smile]

[ 05. February 2012, 14:08: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
Pyro, the lyrics of We Didn't Start the Fire concern the historical events that Billy Joel and his generation witnessed throughout their lives.

I hope that that clears it up for you.

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lovers with Cassie:
Pyro, the lyrics of We Didn't Start the Fire concern the historical events that Billy Joel and his generation witnessed throughout their lives.

I hope that that clears it up for you.

Ah yes, that clears it up very much...Thank you Cassie [Smile]
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
I was just listening the Miami Vice Soundtrack.
Damn this is a great song!

Glenn Frey - You Belong to the City

Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Reviving this old buried thread since I very much enjoy all these videos everyone is posting and would like to see more. [Cool]

Here's a late 80's classic that's been popping up in my playlist a lot lately

Love & Rockets - So Alive

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool track Pyro which I don't actually recollect ever hearing before and a great thread unearthed!

https://youtu.be/tL251usi-K8 - A great Cheap Trick track Tonight It's You.

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://youtu.be/BNXijH0LmZg - Pretend Best Friend by Bradford rockers Terrorvision, remember seeing these at Wembley Arena and they really kicked ***!
Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
Can never go wrong with Cheap Trick [Cool] Nice picks Warrior.

-

Sniff 'N' The Tears - One Love (1980)

Been in a groovy kind of mood lately, so I'm going with this funky little ditty this week.

[ 21. February 2017, 14:15: Message edited by: Pyro ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
Another cool track pyro,I'm in two minds whether I have heard it before as it does sound familiar to me!

I'm going with this great little number by The Split Enz - I Got You. https://youtu.be/YmQlBfxh4Us

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 -

https://youtu.be/LdhYzXobHEk - Not my favourite track by OMD but a great track all the same - Walking On The Milky Way.

Nostalgic for the '80's
Ace Rewinder
Member # 37454

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nostalgic for the '80's   Email Nostalgic for the '80's   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Buggles' iconic song "Video Killed the Radio Star" (1979) is not quite '80's, but I definitely connect it to that decade since it obviously seems to foretell the forthcoming huge popularity of MTV.

Here's the original music video, as well as a much later 2004 live performance by the Buggles - very cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwuy4hHO3YQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUgF49Rtg7Q

[ 04. March 2017, 14:23: Message edited by: Nostalgic for the '80's ]

Posts: 400 | Registered: Sep 2016 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
I never knew they made a video for 'Radio Star' prior to the official 1981 MTV launching video? That's very cool. [Cool]

This week is already starting off pretty hellish, like they tend to do a lot. So I'm going to need something a little louder and epic this week.

Cue the late great Ronnie James Dio. \m/ \m/

-

BLACK SABBATH - HEAVEN & HELL (LIVE, 1980)

[ 07. March 2017, 12:59: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing like some Black Sabbath to set the mood for the week... LOL
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home