iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » Human League

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Human League
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got tickets to go in December....so excited. Now I need to find someone to go with....someone who likes 80's music....Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I can't think of anyone.... [Wink]
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't.. Don't you want me? - You know I can't believe it
When I hear that you won't see me.
Don't.. Don't you want me? - You know I don't believe you
When you say that you don't need me.
It's much too late to find
When you think you've changed

Earth Angel.. so awesome that you thought of me first!!!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you lived in the UK I would so go with you...well....you would be after Muffy of course. [Wink] [Smile]
Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's Muffy?

When and where is the concert in December?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
In Lincoln on the 17th december. Get on the plane haha
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome Earth Angel! [Smile] It will be lots of fun........I wish I could go with you...you know it! X

Valley you're SO funny haha.........

"well the truth may need some re-arranging...
stories to be told"

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
Muffy!!!! Damn the distance...we should be there together with our side ponytails and eyeliner. Infact we could SO be the women from human league...I'm blonde again...Valley...that makes you Phil!
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Totally miss.........matching side ponytails!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh well, we keep feeling fascination either way.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
It would be such a blast to go to see Human League in concert as Human League!

-

What are everyone's fav Human League tunes?

I'll go with "Human" followed by "Don't You Want Me"... but "The Things Dreams Are Made Of" is kind of the under the radar fav.

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Human" is a classic.
The whole "Dare" album (1981) is special to me,
because my brother bought the cassette in the early 80s.

-

He bought the whole discography a while ago
and we also watched The Very Best of Human League dvd.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Earth Angel:
I got tickets to go in December....so excited. Now I need to find someone to go with....someone who likes 80's music....Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I can't think of anyone.... [Wink]

Susie my mothers cousin...which is really not much to me. I should be going. Ive only met her twice though.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
Dare is a great album. I downloaded it the other day. Its amazing how many people only know 'don't you want me' wed must educate the masses in an 80's way that only we know how.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Dare is a great album. I downloaded it the other day.
Legally, of course.

'Sound of the Crowd', 'Love Action', 'Open Your Heart', 'Seconds', 'I Am the Law', 'The Things that Dreams are Made of'. It's a terrific album.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i admit that while i love their major hits, i am not too familiar with a lot of their music. i know and like 'love action' but don't have the entire DARE cd. i shall download it as well. i only have their greatest hits.

other songs i like by them are, 'heart like a wheel', 'the lebanon.'

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i shall download it as well.
Legally, of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrYttRcaomE

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the League, especially the early stuff off the first two albums even before the girls joined. The Black hit of space is one of their greatest songs and you can't even find it on a compilation. Their instruemental the dignity of labour off the first album is gold too. The early Human League and early Ultravox had the best early electronic sounds, Cab Voltaire wasn't bad either.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
It's funny how little 'Ultravox' get talked about considering how important they were at the start of the New Romantic movement. I'll also throw in 'John Foxx' as someone most people don't discuss.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home