iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » What are your guilty pleasure tunes... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What are your guilty pleasure tunes...
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that you aren't afraid to turn up the volume on?

-

Let me set the premise: You and a friend have just stopped at a busy intersection in a convertible on a beautiful summer day.. then suddenly a guilty pleasure tune comes on your stereo. And even though it will more than likely embarrass your passenger, you just have to crank it. Singing along or lipsynching are not required, but highly encouraged.

I'll start with a couple (just click the pic to listen):

-

"Wait" by White Lion

-

"Kiss Me Deadly" by Lita Ford

So what are your guilty pleasure tunes?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I recognize the dude in the car? haha

There are so many for me that I can embarrass my passengers with...so many....two do come to mind quickly......

'Total Eclipse of the Heart' Bonnie Tyler
'Blame it on the Rain' Milli Vanilli

oooooooooooh yeah that is me singing at the top of my lungs with the windows down! [Smile]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Blame it on the Rain' by Milli Vanilli .. great choice Muffy!

What is sad is that even though I know it was all a scam.. it totally worked on me. I realize Fab and Rob didn't sing the songs, but I still picture them whenever I hear a Milli Vanilli tune.

Girl You Know It's True!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Journey- Don't Stop Believing, though I feel no guilt. But It does make you look like a complete 80's relic, in the eyes of other people! Well hey, **** em if they can't rock out!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gawd, so many!

I wanna be a cowboy-Boys Don't Cry
The Look of love-ABC
Let's go all the way-Sly Fox
Magic-Olivia Newton John

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great thread! I have so many but a few of them are....

"Push It" by Salt N Pepa
"Everybody have fun Tonight" by Wang Chung
Anything by Journey....
"Sunglasses at Night" by Corey Hart
"Dream Warriors" by Dokken
Any of Heart's 80's hits
"Party all the Time" by Eddie Murphy

All of the hits from NKOTB,Color Me Badd, and Wilson Phillips should be added to that list too (even though they're more early 90s)!

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Magic-Olivia Newton John
There is *NO* guilt in listening to Olivia.

quote:
Journey- Don't Stop Believing
Ruined for me now.

quote:
Anything by Journey....
Why the Journey hate?!

Pretty much anything from the 80's would make a person look bad. Nowadays if you aren't listening to R & B or Hip-Hop you're out of it. All you need is music that 'thumps' in a way that cracks the concrete beneath the car, an 'urban' singer saying "Uh! Uh!" and you're set. Anything else and you just wouldn't be cool.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off

[Eek!] Sad [Embarrassed]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk43HowkOw4

[ 04. July 2010, 07:49: Message edited by: 80'sRocked ]

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Logan, I don't think there's anything wrong with Journey, but unfortunately a lot of people think they fall into that 'cheesy 80's' category.

I agree about the r&b/urban thing, but i've noticed lately, at least where i live, country music is now the 'cool' thing to like, whereas 10 years ago you wouldn't be caught dead listening to it.

Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Logan, I don't think there's anything wrong with Journey, but unfortunately a lot of people think they fall into that 'cheesy 80's' category.
Damn them all to hell.

quote:
I agree about the r&b/urban thing, but i've noticed lately, at least where i live, country music is now the 'cool' thing to like, whereas 10 years ago you wouldn't be caught dead listening to it.
I hope that happens here. I can't picture it, but I'd love to see it!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
id have to go with - One night in Bangkok.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off

[Eek!] Sad [Embarrassed]

Unfortunately, I will now have visions of 80'sRocked singing this tune everytime I hear it now..

-

Awesome tune for this thread!

Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really tried to think of something to post here-but I have such awesome taste in music, I can honestly say there's nothing I'm ashamed to say I like [Smile] Plus, being female gives me lots of leeway [Wink]
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
that you aren't afraid to turn up the volume on?

This just adds a whole new level of danger to it...speaking of danger:

-

[Cool] Not in the least bit cautious about playing any song on the Top Gun album at full blast, perhaps a tad apprehensive about Berlin's Take My Breath Away if said passenger was a guy, that's just gay. I mean if you're gonna go down that road, you may as well play Wham's! Club Tropicana and wait for the hate crime [Smile]

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Bamersy:
I really tried to think of something to post here-but I have such awesome taste in music, I can honestly say there's nothing I'm ashamed to say I like [Smile] Plus, being female gives me lots of leeway [Wink]

It sure does! But... what does that have to do with music?!

quote:
perhaps a tad apprehensive about Berlin's Take My Breath Away if said passenger was a guy, that's just gay. I mean if you're gonna go down that road, you may as well play Wham's! Club Tropicana and wait for the hate crime [Smile]
I'd do that.
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Originally posted by logan5:It sure does! But... what does that have to do with music?!

It means I can say I like Eddie Money and Bon Jovi and any other groups considered more for chicks-(lots of ballads etc.)and not get flack for it like a guy would [Smile]

Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
It means I can say I like Eddie Money and Bon Jovi and any other groups considered more for chicks-(lots of ballads etc.)and not get flack for it like a guy would [Smile]

Curses! The feathered-hair on men dilemma! The preening dandy dilemma! It's true - I've never said "I really like Bon Jovi" out loud in company. Then again... I have found the intestinal fortitude to announce how much I like Wham! Duran, Poison and a bunch of others. So maybe it's just Bon Jovi?!

"Shot through the leg, and I'm in pain. You give guns... a bad name"

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
like bamersy, i am not ashamed to like the music i like...from any era! [Smile]

i will mention that i like 'turning japanese ' by the vapors. such a fun tune and catchy.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ronnie.. it is exciting to know that you and Bamersy aren't afraid to turn it up without any embarrassment. Probably a good thing neither of you are fans of The Divinyls. [Big Grin]
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ha! the divinyls certainly didn't have any guilty "pleasure" tunes. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
Originally posted by logan5: Curses! The feathered-hair on men dilemma! The preening dandy dilemma! It's true - I've never said "I really like Bon Jovi" out loud in company.

I used Bon as an example-not a fan of them-other than "This Ain't a Love Song". One of my favorite artists is John (Cougar) Mellencamp. Used to play "Ain't Even Done With The Night" over and over on the juke.

Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
I used Bon as an example-not a fan of them-other than "This Ain't a Love Song". One of my favorite artists is John (Cougar) Mellencamp. Used to play "Ain't Even Done With The Night" over and over on the juke.

It's too late for that! I have images of you singing along to 'Blaze of Glory' in a traffic jam!

You like 'The Coug'? Wasn't there a breast joke about John Cougar's Mellon-camp?

Ignore me.

If you like the heartland rock sounds of The Coug, then just out of interest - what are your feelings on Springsteen?

"Oh yeah... laaaaafe goes aaaaahn... long afta the threill of leivin' is gaaaawn"

Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
I love Springsteen!!! I've always thought of John mellencamp as like springsteens little brother
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
Originally posted by logan5: If you like the heartland rock sounds of The Coug, then just out of interest - what are your feelings on Springsteen?

Like a handful of songs, not a big fan though.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home