iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Music » E.G. Daily - Wild Child

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: E.G. Daily - Wild Child
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so I love E.G. Daily - her music and her movie roles from the 80s. Her first album "Wild Child" is her best one, but it is rare to find on CD, so it has eluded me forever. Well I finally found one for sale on ebay for under $100 (most I see usually start at that and go higher, crazy!).

http://cgi.ebay.com/E-G-Daily-Wild-Child-CD-1985-eg-rare-80s-synthpop_W0QQitemZ170424940437QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_CDs?hash=item27ae1e3795

Don't you just love it when that one thing you have been looking for finally shows up on ebay? I can hardly wait for the auction to end so I can get the dang thing here already! All the songs are great, especially "Love In The Shadows", which was on the soundtrack to Thief Of Hearts. The album was produced by Harold Faltermeyer and a couple of other excellent producers from that time. Here's the cover pic and a tracklist:

-

01. Is Anybody Home?
02. Little Toy
03. Love In The Shadows
04. Just For You
05. Hey There Rocky
06. Say It, Say It
07. Wild Child
08. Don't Let Them Take The Child Away
09. Waiting
10. Sunset People

Title: Wild Child
Format: CD
Primary Artist: E.G. Daily
Release Date: 1985
Record Label: A&M Records
Catalog #: 395 081-2
UPC: 082839508124

So who else loves this album? Any other owners of this rare CD out there? Any reviews or favorite songs?

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember when I went to hughschool there was a record store (remember THOSE?) near my school that used to play this album. And I always wanted to buy it but never did.

Anything I have from her is dowenloaded or has been file-shared.

My favorite is Say It Say It but I also like (not from this album) Mind Over Matter, Better Off Dead and theres another one? I think its called Waiting?

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
D'oh! I see its listed as Track 9...and it IS called Waiting. Hahaha!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, i hope that you get that cd Secret Admirer.
I too love E.G. and it´s nice to see another true fan!

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey there aTomiK, glad to have another fan join in this topic [Smile]

mamamiasweetpeaches: I totally love Mind Over Matter and Better Off Dead too! Great great songs. I love 80s movie soundtracks, so E.G. Daily is my hero, since she has songs on most of my favorite movies.

Here are some videos from this album:

Love In The Shadows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6aMrwMqumE

Say It, Say It: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW2LOaCHhOg

Is Anybody Home?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_kyl5Ip9IU

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home